last ever donnington toy fair today

gutted but not surprised. just got back and after 28 years the donnington toy fair
will be no more! the new owners of the park want to repurpose the building. so said
goodbye to all the stall holders and having been one myself felt a little sad. has anyone got any
good stories about the show?
mine would be the first time I went 25 years ago the car broke down in
a massive jam as racing was also on that day and had to walk the last mile!
I came back with 2 bin liners full of star wars with my mum and dad still parked
at the side of the road :eek: loose mint amanaman with staff £5 and that was a lot then lol

Lee Bullock

Jedi Knight
It was Donnington that Monica Deagan had the Clipper LSAF cases of Lukes and Leias - I picked up a sealed, case fresh Luke for £80 back in 1992. In fact I strongly suspect that all the sealed or NRFB Clippers out there come from this find.

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Gutted. I've been there a few of times over the years and it was right up there with the NEC. Nearly went today but the weather was just too nice. Hopefully most of them will continue to do the NEC and Doncaster.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
That is a bit sad. It used to be a brilliant fair, really good for SW stuff but the show has suffered over the past few years IMO. Shame but there you go.

We still have the NEC and that remains the best show in the area at the moment, long may it continue.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Shame, I remember going to the last one at Beverly such a shame was a good one years ago loads of Star Wars, got my first Last 17 from there Anakin, at other ones got a Luke stormtrooper, Imperial Dignity and Death Star Gunner, still have Anakin and Imperial Dignity sold the others years ago for better condition figures.

coomber75

Sith Lord
Doh forgot it was on, was one of my first fairs and picked up a reseal b wing was my first moc

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom