Events in Sheffield/Manchester/Derbyshire area

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
I'm enjoying searching for vintage and meeting traders out and about, far more fun than clicking. Alas FF always seems to be scheduled when I have work commitments, so I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas for toy fairs/events in the Sheffield/Manchester/Derbyshire area? I'm organising a family day out to Bakewell next bank holiday to visit the toy fair there, but any other regular event ideas would be appreciated.

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
Here you go

http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/events/14393-TTCToyFairsToyfair

May only be a small amount of star wars, but Bakewell is a good place for a day out regardless.

coomber75

Sith Lord
go on tye barry potter website.. best ones for you prob donnington race cpurse.. Doncaster :)

spoons

Grand Master
you just missed doncaster toy fair. A bit more vintage than normal too, mostly lose ships and figures but a Yak for £80 wasnt bad. Fair bit of yellowing and paint scuffs so I passed.

Next one is in july

Sabreman

Padawan
spoons said:
you just missed doncaster toy fair. A bit more vintage than normal too, mostly lose ships and figures but a Yak for £80 wasnt bad. Fair bit of yellowing and paint scuffs so I passed.

Next one is in july

I saw that, I passed on it as it wasn't in great condition, I did see some way overpriced stuff a standard badly yellowed bubble Logray in a star case for £200
I picked up a couple of Carded Action Force, a decent Rebel Commander with original weapon and a Walruss Man. Not a bad day all in all for me.

spoons

Grand Master
Sabreman said:
spoons said:

Next one is in july

I saw that, I passed on it as it wasn't in great condition, I did see some way overpriced stuff a standard badly yellowed bubble Logray in a star case for £200
I picked up a couple of Carded Action Force, a decent Rebel Commander with original weapon and a Walruss Man. Not a bad day all in all for me.

If i was sure the staff was original I'd have bought it, but no good with repros away from a computer

I just bought action man stuff and a die cast Monkeemobile :mrgreen:

Sabreman

Padawan
I used to be big into Action Man then the 40th killed it for me, I did notice some 40th trying to be passéd as Vintage from a guy who swore he had no 40th stuff on his stall. I don't know why people can't be straight with you especially when large amounts of cash could potentially be involved.
It is a minefield now with the repro stuff seemingly everywhere now

spoons

Grand Master
Sabreman said:
I used to be big into Action Man then the 40th killed it for me, I did notice some 40th trying to be passéd as Vintage from a guy who swore he had no 40th stuff on his stall. I don't know why people can't be straight with you especially when large amounts of cash could potentially be involved.
It is a minefield now with the repro stuff seemingly everywhere now

it really is, prices a generally a lot less with AM so not as big an issue as SW

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom