What's happening at Jeff Glanville stand at FF?

wrighty

Sith Lord
I won't be able to attend but just wondering what will happen at Jeff's stand at FF. If everyone is going to just crowd the stand or take a number and wait your turn to ask questions, get your baggies check or request refund? :?:

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I imagine he will set up. A few disgruntled people will stare at him a bit. Someone may go and confront him. Other people will buy stuff off his stand, maybe baggies, maybe not, and the world will keep turning.

Not sure what people expect really. If you want to take it up with him then message him. I don't think we will be dragging him out of the hall and hanging him on the village green, if that's what you were hoping for.

This isn't Facebook. There will be no popcorn and very unlikely a car crash you can all stop and stare at.

lejackal

Grand Master
You have to hope he doesn't owe hundreds/thousands to someone fed up with waiting for a refund and fed up with being polite although both Ben and Rob make very valid points

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Ben and Rob have it...

Any massive 'kick off' will possibly put the whole event at risk in future, I can't see Dave standing for it, or for that matter the greater community in attendance; the event is bigger than one issue. Despite heightened feelings of individuals I think (and hope) that sanity will prevail. It is a friendly community event, it should proceed as such.

No doubt there will be many wanting answers and after few hours he may well pack up and go home if that all becomes too hard, aggressive or overly vocal, he may of course stick it out, defend his position, issue refunds and more generally try to make amends with the community at large.

Lee Bullock

Jedi Knight
I think aggression and confrontation will be extremely counter-productive. At the moment he hasnt gone to ground and that is a good thing for people owed money. Lets have a good, friendly and open FF. If you want to take Jeff to task there is a time, place and a way of doing it. Now someone who is owed thousands is understandably going to feel different - but going in guns blazing wont get you refund any quicker.

I cant believe me of all people is advocating a more considered approach.

I need to lie down... :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
So what would happen if TT turned up with a stall?

Very sensible answers by the way, I agree nothing should be said at FF. I've never been but presume kids go and it sounds like the event is based on freindliness.

Jez

Sith Lord
Lee Bullock said:
I cant believe me of all people is advocating a more considered approach.

I need to lie down... :lol:

I believe it, I always knew deep down you were a big softie with a heart of Kyber

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I'll be open and say that I thought it was a bad idea when I first found out and asked Dave about it. Although there are still many things that don't add up, I agree it is positive that Jeff hasn't done a runner. The comparison to Toy Toni turning up with a stall has already been mentioned, and the truth is this is probably the first time somebody accused of a scam is going to face up to collectors so that can't be a bad thing.

Personally I am going to come along with the couple of fake baggies I bought from Jeff and seek an amicable solution face to face. I'm sure nobody is looking for a punch up, and if they do I'm going to stand behind Lee Bullock :lol:

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Rumble_In_The_Jungle_and_Thrilla_in_Manilla.jpg

Jason

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Rather than gawping at Jeff, why not come down the night before for this

On the evening of Saturday 6th of May, join us for:
"Le Plus Loin, Retour à Empire Day".
An evening of entertainment, food and drink celebrating Star Wars collecting.

Fordingbridge Town Hall 7pm-11pm.
£18 entry per person.

The evening will begin with a presentation "From French Meccano to Trilogo Toys" from special guests Stephane Faucourt and Yann Leroux.
Stephane has assembled one of European's largest Collection of toys and documents from the classic era, which he featured in dedicated books. This panel is a comprehensive guide of the famous French Meccano toy line and its iconic 'Guerre des Etoiles' square blister cards, to the later French range of Trilogo packaging. The presentation will feature amazing collectible items and related paper items such as consumer catalogs, advertisements, and retailer items.

Plus...

a rare screening of a one hour documentary of Empire Day IV, a Star Wars Collectors Convention held Watford back on 9th of June 1996 where some 3,000 pre-internet/ pre-facebook fans and collectors assembled for the biggest UK Star Wars show at that point. With introduction and commentary from the show organisers Jason Joiner and Mark Woollard.

Price includes mixed meat roast buffet and a choice of first drink.
Additional drinks available for purchase.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I think some did, not sure many were there for that in the end. He did have a queue at his stand all day though as he was selling around 150-200 MOCs across all manner of cards, characters and prices. Very decent (in the context of the current market) prices generally too I'd note.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom