Header image

London film and comic con this weekend (28-30th july)

Post details and discuss up-coming or past Star Wars related events.
ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: London film and comic con this weekend (28-30th july)

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:20 pm

Great photos :) Love meeting the actors. Alan Harris is a super nice guy.

Dorsetmark
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Dorsetmark » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:30 pm

you picked up much?[/quote]

Only a reservation for FF - so tempted by the minty carded figures :D ( but have the misses with me so must be good :( )

Lindo
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Lindo » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:13 pm

didn't realise Hannibal was is star wars ^^
Looking for POTF moc's pm me if you have any for sale

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:59 pm

Lindo wrote:didn't realise Hannibal was is star wars ^^

Galen Erso in Rogue One!
Funnily enough we only talked about Hannibal though, which seemed to cheer him up no end as i expect he'd been answering Rogue One questions all morning! :lol:
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

Lindo
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Lindo » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:13 pm

SAVORY100 wrote:

Galen Erso in Rogue One!
Funnily enough we only talked about Hannibal though, which seemed to cheer him up no end as i expect he'd been answering Rogue One questions all morning! :lol:

:D Hannibal is an awesome show
Looking for POTF moc's pm me if you have any for sale

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:23 pm

Lindo wrote:
SAVORY100 wrote:

Galen Erso in Rogue One!

:D Hannibal is an awesome show

Totally agree - I loved it

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

TRILOGY COLLECTOR
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby TRILOGY COLLECTOR » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:03 am

Loving the pics ---- well done mate
"The force is strong with this one."

Gaz46&2
Regular
Regular

Postby Gaz46&2 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:47 am

I went yesterday with the wife and kids. I've been most years since 2005 when it used to be at Earls Court 2, only a few hundred people turned up and you were done by lunch time and now things are very different. I stopped getting SW autographs a few years ago, too many negative experiences with miserable old ungrateful gits. We got a virtual ticket for Biff Tannen at 9:30 numbered 269 and waited until 16:30 to meet him, yet we got a virtual ticket for David Morrisey numbered 532 and got it signed at 12:30pm. It's typical of the event, it's badly organised and staffed by volunteers who don't know what they're doing. I tend to find that I spend the day sitting around waiting to get stuff signed or a photoshoot to take place, there isn't a lot on sale anymore unless you collect funko POP and nothing I can't buy online at a better price. I've said I won't be going to LFCC again, I mean it this time.

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:27 am

Gaz46&2 wrote:I went yesterday with the wife and kids. I've been most years since 2005 when it used to be at Earls Court 2, only a few hundred people turned up and you were done by lunch time and now things are very different. I stopped getting SW autographs a few years ago, too many negative experiences with miserable old ungrateful gits. We got a virtual ticket for Biff Tannen at 9:30 numbered 269 and waited until 16:30 to meet him, yet we got a virtual ticket for David Morrisey numbered 532 and got it signed at 12:30pm. It's typical of the event, it's badly organised and staffed by volunteers who don't know what they're doing. I tend to find that I spend the day sitting around waiting to get stuff signed or a photoshoot to take place, there isn't a lot on sale anymore unless you collect funko POP and nothing I can't buy online at a better price. I've said I won't be going to LFCC again, I mean it this time.

Interesting to hear a totally different experience. The ladies manning the queue and table at all the signings I got were excellent; I talked to all of them and all were happy to while away the time talking. I don't think that they were volunteers either; one of them explained the pay they were getting (yes, very small amount), but that they took essentially the minimum wage as it was extra money as well as getting to meet lots of people.

There was of course some bad organisation bits, but I couldn't fault the queuing (compared to other events)... the lack of proper height table and chair for Mayhew was a bit embarrassing though as he was ferried up and down in the service lift for around an hour while they put his table on a pile of books was the only bad bit I personally saw.

I'd go again

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

Return to “Star Wars Events”