Farthest From XVI - 9th and 10th December 2017

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
This will be upon us before we know it... lets get a roll call going and start sharing where everyone is staying on Saturday Night. I see that Mon Cal Con is back on the night of the 9th, so I expect a lot of folk will be staying over.

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
This time I would like to join the community. As I'm located in Germany, I don't really know how to get from Heathrow to Fordingbridge. What would you guys recommend - by bus or by train? Also any recommendation for a room there? Any help or advices would be appreciated.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Plastikheld said:
This time I would like to join the community. As I'm located in Germany, I don't really know how to get from Heathrow to Fordingbridge. What would you guys recommend - by bus or by train? Also any recommendation for a room there? Any help or advices would be appreciated.

Where abouts in Deutschland are you? Can you get to Gatwick?

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
Mr-shifter said:
I live in a small village between Cologne and Düsseldorf - so I have two airports to fly from. But I think, flights to Gatewick might be more expensive, but I have to check it out. You think it might be easier from there to get to Fordingbridge?

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Plastikheld said:
Mr-shifter said:
I live in a small village between Cologne and Düsseldorf - so I have two airports to fly from. But I think, flights to Gatewick might be more expensive, but I have to check it out. You think it might be easier from there to get to Fordingbridge?

Depends on what days you fly in on. I could possibly offer you a lift.

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
Mr-shifter said:
What a great offer, but I did not want to make any efforts on somebody else. It would be unpleasant fo me if anybody has to plan his time on my schedule. Whe did you plan to drive to Fordingbridge?
I will try to arrive on Saturday morning (to join the community on saturday night for a couple of beers) and leave on sunday in the evening at the airport.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Defiantly going and need a place to stay as well.

Don't worry- the last FF I was the first to bed and at Echo Base I was the one stopping the fights. Can be good boy.

wrighty

Sith Lord
Plastikheld said:
Mr-shifter said:

Fordingbridge is a tiny village in the middle of no where, except David Tree's shop. :lol: Getting there with public transport is tricky, check with Jason Smith as he often takes public transport from London. If you can get a lift that would make your life easier. Good luck!

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Grant_C said:
Defiantly going and need a place to stay as well.

Don't worry- the last FF I was the first to bed and at Echo Base I was the one stopping the fights. Can be good boy.

Looks like I am mother on this one. Grant will be bunking with me at the Augustus John.

:p

Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
wrighty said:
Plastikheld said:
Mr-shifter said:

Fordingbridge is a tiny village in the middle of no where, except David Tree's shop. :lol: Getting there with public transport is tricky, check with Jason Smith as he often takes public transport from London. If you can get a lift that would make your life easier. Good luck!

I think I may be getting a lift there this time. If not the route I take is:-

London Waterloo train to Salisbury takes about 90 mins
Then a 15 min walk through Salisbury shopping centre to Blue Boar Row M bus stop
X3 bus to Fordingbridge post office stop takes about 20 mins

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/WAT/SAL/today/1130/dep

https://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/timetable_pdf/X3_TT_2017.pdf

Normally takes me about 3 hours door to door factoring in just missing trains and/or buses and waiting for the next one.

cheers Jason

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Plastikheld said:
Mr-shifter said:
What a great offer, but I did not want to make any efforts on somebody else. It would be unpleasant fo me if anybody has to plan his time on my schedule. Whe did you plan to drive to Fordingbridge?
I will try to arrive on Saturday morning (to join the community on saturday night for a couple of beers) and leave on sunday in the evening at the airport.

Sorry for the delay in reply. I will be driving down in the afternoon, probably about 1pm. Gatwick is literally 15 minutes from me so if you can make the flights work roughly around these times, picking you up wouldn't be an issue.

Let me know flight times and I will tell you what works.

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
Wow guys - thank you so much for your support on getting me to FF.

@ Jason: thank for figuring out you route, but 3 hours (when everything works) in addition to flight time and getting from here to there might be a bit to much time at all. Spending this time I can also think of driving by car and take a ferry (which I wanted to avoid).

@ Mr-shifter: a pick-up would be great, but flights from here to Gatwick are rare and expensive. Might be easier for me getting an early flight to LHR and then taking a bus (megabus?) to Gatwick. What do you think? Might this be an option?
Do you return on sunday? So I would try to get a light flight back.

To be honest I thought it would be easier getting there, but I like those kind of trips.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Plastikheld said:
Wow guys - thank you so much for your support on getting me to FF.

@ Jason: thank for figuring out you route, but 3 hours (when everything works) in addition to flight time and getting from here to there might be a bit to much time at all. Spending this time I can also think of driving by car and take a ferry (which I wanted to avoid).

@ Mr-shifter: a pick-up would be great, but flights from here to Gatwick are rare and expensive. Might be easier for me getting an early flight to LHR and then taking a bus (megabus?) to Gatwick. What do you think? Might this be an option?
Do you return on sunday? So I would try to get a light flight back.

To be honest I thought it would be easier getting there, but I like those kind of trips.

If you can get to Gatwick that's no problem. I will drive down after lunch on the Saturday and be back 6-7 ish on the Sunday. If we can make something work then that's no problem. I can also drop you off at Southampton train station if that's easier. There will be ways and means.

Richard_H

Grand Master
Staying in the Ship with Spoons. After driving silly miles to get there Ringwood is always a turn off for me. As is Spoons actually when I think about it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom