Header image

Furthest From 2018 dates

Post details and discuss up-coming or past Star Wars related events.
Plastikheld
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Re: Furthest From 2018 dates

Postby Plastikheld » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:46 am

Clarkspie&chips wrote:Looking forward to meeting you and your mate. Make sure you bring an empty suitcase

:D Thanks - we will come with an estate.

Question from a FF newbie: I would like to meet and have a couple of drinks with swfuklers - where is the place to be?
We will arrive around 20:30 and will stay at The Augustus John.
I read in another thread, that a bunch of you have dinner in a curry house in Ringwood. Will you stay there for some beers afterwards or is there another traditional meeting point (maybe a pub in Fordingbridge or sth. like that).
Pls let me know - we don't want to spend the night alone. :wink:
http://www.condition10.de | Diary of a Star Wars Action-Figure Collector | Follow me on Image

Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Richard_H » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:15 pm

We usually go to The Crown which is over the road from the Town Hall.
Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

Stuart Skinner
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Stuart Skinner » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:52 pm

Plastikheld wrote:
Clarkspie&chips wrote:Looking forward to meeting you and your mate. Make sure you bring an empty suitcase

:D Thanks - we will come with an estate.

Question from a FF newbie: I would like to meet and have a couple of drinks with swfuklers - where is the place to be?
We will arrive around 20:30 and will stay at The Augustus John.
I read in another thread, that a bunch of you have dinner in a curry house in Ringwood. Will you stay there for some beers afterwards or is there another traditional meeting point (maybe a pub in Fordingbridge or sth. like that).
Pls let me know - we don't want to spend the night alone. :wink:

Majority of people I know who are coming Saturday evening are staying in Ringwood which is around 6 miles away. People will be having drinks before and after curry there, give me a shout and head over that way, be taxis from there to get back to Fordingbridge later on.
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/star-wars-vintage-rebellion/id1001257470?mt=2

naughtyjedi
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby naughtyjedi » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:07 pm

dont forget the lovely bus service too.. i think theres a last bus at 1230 from fordingbridge to ringwood

Plastikheld
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Plastikheld » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:44 pm

Thanks guys - so the Ringwood people will stay there or is there a late meet up at The Crown? (which I would prefer to just have some beers).
We'll try to do both.

Next question: How about payments at FF. Is there a WLAN connection to do via Paypal or is there just cash. As we do come over from Germany it's hard to tell how much GBP we need to change for our finds/buys.
http://www.condition10.de | Diary of a Star Wars Action-Figure Collector | Follow me on Image

Clarkspie&chips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Clarkspie&chips » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:48 pm

Reception in the hall is poor but if you go outside I can get a couple of bars. Some of the usual dealers take PayPal but most sales are cash. There's an ATM on the high street though about 50m from the venue.

Taffius
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Taffius » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:08 pm

Sorry to long time goers of FF, but not been before so where are the places to park and the opening times, etc, on Sunday?

Thanks in advance.

Taff

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:31 pm

Taffius wrote:Sorry to long time goers of FF, but not been before so where are the places to park and the opening times, etc, on Sunday?

Thanks in advance.

Taff

Parking is in the car park at the back of the Co op store, £1 per hour or £5 for all day If my memory serves me right.
If you look at a satellite map of Fordingbridge it’s near where the library is, access to the car park is via Bartons road.
You can walk to the high street via an exit besides the Co op, then the Town Hall is on the right about 100 yards or so, opposite Dave Trees shop.
Opening time is 11:00 approx.
Attachments
FF93BEB5-E0D4-46C8-B099-060E6B4AE155.png
FF93BEB5-E0D4-46C8-B099-060E6B4AE155.png (1.76 MiB) Viewed 537 times

Taffius
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Taffius » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:10 pm

Mini99 wrote:
Taffius wrote:Sorry to long time goers of FF, but not been before so where are the places to park and the opening times, etc, on Sunday?

Thanks in advance.

Taff

Parking is in the car park at the back of the Co op store, £1 per hour or £5 for all day If my memory serves me right.
If you look at a satellite map of Fordingbridge it’s near where the library is, access to the car park is via Bartons road.
You can walk to the high street via an exit besides the Co op, then the Town Hall is on the right about 100 yards or so, opposite Dave Trees shop.
Opening time is 11:00 approx.

Thanks mini99, thats spot on info. :D
Most grateful.

Scarifpacific
Regular
Regular

Postby Scarifpacific » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:45 pm

Cheers for that.

I was going to ask exactly the same thing Taff.
You may start your landing!

My Feedback viewtopic.php?f=22&t=37054

Nick_IoW
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Nick_IoW » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:10 pm

Plastikheld wrote:Thanks guys - so the Ringwood people will stay there or is there a late meet up at The Crown? (which I would prefer to just have some beers).
We'll try to do both.

Next question: How about payments at FF. Is there a WLAN connection to do via Paypal or is there just cash. As we do come over from Germany it's hard to tell how much GBP we need to change for our finds/buys.

The Ringwood people will be staying in Ringwood I would imagine (I will be) - it has more pub options, food options and more places to stay. It's just easier to get a bigger meet up in Ringwood so less people miss out on the social side of thing - this is due to Fordingbridge having far more limited options to stay over.

As for Paypal transactions - these often happen at the show, so should be no problems even though it can be a bit crap for signal. Someone will have a signal and can use them as a hotspot for wifi :)

Taffius
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Taffius » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:11 pm

Scarifpacific wrote:Cheers for that.

I was going to ask exactly the same thing Taff.

No worries. Just like a bit of prior planning and to organise myself. Never been an off the cuff guy if i could help it! :lol:

Plastikheld
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Plastikheld » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:20 am

Stuart Skinner wrote:Majority of people I know who are coming Saturday evening are staying in Ringwood which is around 6 miles away. People will be having drinks before and after curry there, give me a shout and head over that way, be taxis from there to get back to Fordingbridge later on.

We would love to join the bunch, but I don't really know, when we will arrive at Ringwood. Approx 9 PM - too late for dinner at the curry house but early enough for some drinks. Do you think you will stay at the curry house or move foward to a pub?

Cardbackkid
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Cardbackkid » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:32 pm

So the dates are 7th and 8th of April ?

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:33 pm

Cardbackkid wrote:So the dates are 7th and 8th of April ?

Yes, April 7th and 8th

Return to “Star Wars Events”