May The Toys Be With You 21 July 2018 10am Leicester meet.

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
So, Matt's (Bonsai_Tree_Ent) 'May The Toys Be With You' Star Wars exhibition is coming to Leicester's New Walk Museum between 21 July 2018 - 28 Oct 2018.

With the exhibition coming to my home town and to a city central in the UK for the first time I wondered if there was an appetite to have a quick meet for an hour or so before hand. Matt has told me that he will be in attendance on the morning of the opening day, Saturday 21 July 2018. The Museum opens from 11am.
Carl (lejackal) and I are going to have a catch up before hand. Anyone else fancy it?
No location has been set as yet but probably somewhere that we could all grab breakfast and a coffee etc.

I have copied the following text from the Visit Leicester website with regards to the exhibit.

On July 21st, from a galaxy far, far away comes an absolute must see for fans of Star Wars and the silver screen…

One of the UK's finest collections of vintage Star Wars toys and original cinema posters is going on display in a stunning new exhibition at New Walk Museum & Art Gallery. Coalville was the base for Palitoy - the British company behind the iconic vintage toys – and this Summer Star Wars is coming home!

Back when the movie Star Wars broke box office records in 1977 no one could have predicted that the merchandising would go on to earn even more than the film itself. The toys of Star Wars took the world by storm and became the must-have playthings for an entire generation. From 1977 - 1985 an estimated 300 million action figures were sold, and this is a chance to discover the role Leicestershire toy company Palitoy played in this incredible global success story.

May The Toys Be With You is both a celebration of the now highly collectable vintage toy line and also of the iconic design work and art of the Star Wars movies. From X-Wing Fighters to lightsabers, these fantastical designs have fired our imaginations and stamped their place on our cultural landscape. For little kids and 'big kids' alike this is an unmissable opportunity to view many rarely seen Star Wars treasures, and young Jedi may even have an opportunity to dress up and wield a lightsaber themselves!

Look out for an exciting events programme to complement the exhibition including a special opening day event on Saturday 21 July!

Leicester's New Walk Museum between 21 July 2018 - 28 Oct 2018.
Monday - Friday 11:00 - 16:30 /
Saturday - Sunday 11:00 - 17:00

53 New Walk, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE1 7EA

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom