Sandown Park - 15.9.18

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
Went today, good event, picked up a couple of boxed vehicles I needed at a reasonable price, anyone wanting bargains though may be disappointed as it's mainly all dealers who know what everything is worth so expect to pay market value or a bit above, still it's nice to properly judge condition before buying rather than relying on internet pictures.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
ChallengerFox said:
Went today, good event, picked up a couple of boxed vehicles I needed at a reasonable price, anyone wanting bargains though may be disappointed as it's mainly all dealers who know what everything is worth so expect to pay market value or a bit above, still it's nice to properly judge condition before buying rather than relying on internet pictures.
Totally agree, it's great to see and feel before buying, really old school!
Went today, saw some familiar faces and saw a lots of nice Vintage.
Made the trip to collect a purchase in person from TK 7785, but managed to spend 3 hours there just "window shopping".
Had a great time, would recommend this event to anyone reasonably local.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Went along today and really enjoyed it. Didn't buy anything but had a look around, some really nice stuff there. Nice to catch up with some familiar faces. Never been to a BP toy fair before, what struck me was how many older people were there and how much fun they seemed to be having talking about model trains and old dinky toys. That'll be us before you know it. Pleased it brings them pleasure, be thankful you have a hobby.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Darth Bobby said:
Went along today and really enjoyed it. Didn't buy anything but had a look around, some really nice stuff there. Nice to catch up with some familiar faces. Never been to a BP toy fair before, what struck me was how many older people were there and how much fun they seemed to be having talking about model trains and old dinky toys. That'll be us before you know it. Pleased it brings them pleasure, be thankful you have a hobby.
What do you mean that will be us one day...it's me already! :lol:
I totally agree, I had a great time today and didn't spend a penny.
I've never been before, did you go in ealy bird, if not it's worth it.
So many like minded souls enjoying a Sat morning out.
If you go to the Nov one let us know and we can say "hello".

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Darth Bobby said:
What do you mean that will be us one day...it's me already! :lol:
I totally agree, I had a great time today and didn't spend a penny.
I've never been before, did you go in ealy bird, if not it's worth it.
So many like minded souls enjoying a Sat morning out.
If you go to the Nov one let us know and we can say "hello".

Ha ha, I'm not on my Zimmer frame yet but not far off. We got there at 10.30, I heard there was a few bargains to be had earlier on. The early birds got in at eight and went through like a plague of locusts! I didn't have much cash so was only going for a look about. I nearly bought some Starsky and Hutch stuff, thinking of starting a side focus. Great atmosphere and nice surroundings. Will defo say hello if we make it to the next one mate.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom