Coalville Palitoy Exhibition

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
I'm going to try and go to this tomorrow afternoon (Saturday 10th Nov), anyone else going from here?,

It would be good to put faces to names!

I'm on the waiting list for the talk

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
Richard_H said:
Me and Spoons are going

Nice one I'll be wearing a black & red adidas hoodie - if anyone wants to say hello!

If i hear any geordie accents ill assume you are Richard and come and introduce myself

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
Bossk said:
What was the exhibition like? I didn't make it in the end. Anyone got photos?

Ive not been yet so don't want to spoil it by seeing photos, but there are some on here
https://www.fanthatracks.com/reviews/conventions-events-reviews/event-review-may-the-toys-be-with-you/

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Pics from today's exhibition and Palitoy talk:-

https://www.facebook.com/652110148/posts/10156635740830149/

Great event!

:)

Jason

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
I'm so pleased I went to this.

I loved hearing first hand accounts from the Palitoy team

It was good to briefly meet SWFUK people as well -

Richard_H - Good to put a face to the voice I've listened to on podcasts
Spoons (sorry i've forgotten your real name already (Andy?), nice to know there are some fellow local Star Wars lovers
Jason - Mr Palitoy Nice to meet someone ive bought some star wars goodies from as an adult!
Mr Shifter - Sorry to already forget your real name
Sublevel Studio - Mark. Great to hear David Barnacle casually drop in that he had some transparencies and artwork in his car outside! Im glad i asked him to bring it in so we could all see it- Wow to the artwork and photos.

Apologies if i've i missed anyone or got confused between real names/forum ones etc

Thanks so much to the organiser Matt (Bonsai Tree Ent?) You didn't a great job getting those people together, i enjoyed your MC ing and great collection.

It's great to know about Grey Troopers, scented star wars figures, how Kenner Star Wars items were sold in UK shops without passing through Palitoy for re labelling, stuff not making it through quality control being sold in the factory shop, how stuff was dumped in disused Coal Board shafts and loads more.

I particularly enjoyed seeing an expensive Death Squad Commander being casually tossed back to its owner!

Seeing Matt's double telescoping luke skywalker made me remember chewing one as a child. I've not seen one since

Having got home Ive inspected my childhood luke & cardback and im pretty sure the one I still have was just a normal lightsaber, so its either a false memory and i just chewed a normal light saber or i must have been particularly hungry and eaten the entire figure and saber!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom