Header image

Antoni Emchowicz - Toy Toni - ebay seller: marsking

Warn other members of negative experiences with sellers on eBay, Facebook or forums here. Please read the rules before posting.
MarkG
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Antoni Emchowicz - Toy Toni - ebay seller: marsking

Postby MarkG » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:50 pm

Snaketibe wrote:I think I've just found the answer to a question I was about to ask! I didn't realise the infamous Toy Toni was also known as 'marsking' on eBay. I was going to ask the forum if anyone knew if he was a legit seller (guess I don't need to do that now!), as I am after a couple of original Luke Bespin yellow sabres, and noticed he had a surprising number for sale on eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252683646041? ... EBIDX%3AIT). But it's not just the 7 he currently has listed, it's also the 15 previous sales of the exact same thing he has on his eBay feedback over just the first 3 pages of his feedback. Now to be fair, all previous sales are apparently from satisfied customers, however having a couple of yellow Bespin sabres for sale doesn't raise any eyebrows, but producing at least 22 of them (and all apparently the V1 version too) for sale in a relatively short space of time begins to smell a bit fishy, IMHO. Now of course, I suppose all 22 sabres could be genuine vintage V1 sabres, and the seller might be completely legit these days... or the sabres might be good quality knock-offs. Fortunately, I've never actually bought anything from him before. I have been tempted, but was always put off by the suspicious number of sabres he had for sale at any one time.

Before I thought to search for 'marsking' here on the 'Sellers to avoid' thread, I did email him via eBay politely enquiring as to how he satisfied himself that the sabres were genuine (I didn't want to be rude and ask directly if they were repros, even though that's clearly what I'm thinking!), given the rather surprising number he appears to have sold, but so far I haven't had a response. Funny that!

Am I being overly suspicious about this, or does a leopard not change its spots? :wink:

I would like to think, even though the guy is a C%#T that what he is selling now is legit. He has never been great for replies, so no need to worry there. He's always been a big dealer on the toy front, although tin robots is his forte.. and hopefully he has become good after his Palitoy home jobbies..

If required, I could buy one... and if it turns out to be fake I can happily return to him in person with a huge right fist.. he lives 5 mins from me !
Wanted - Boxed Lili Ledy Speeder Bike

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:35 pm

MarkG wrote:
I would like to think, even though the guy is a C%#T that what he is selling now is legit. He has never been great for replies, so no need to worry there. He's always been a big dealer on the toy front, although tin robots is his forte.. and hopefully he has become good after his Palitoy home jobbies..

If required, I could buy one... and if it turns out to be fake I can happily return to him in person with a huge right fist.. he lives 5 mins from me !

Thanks for the reply and kind offer. I sent my email to him on 26th Dec, so let's be charitable and say fair enough that he hasn't replied yet, what with it being the holiday season. Hopefully he will reply though as I am genuinely interested to see what he has to say for himself on this (where does one legitimately obtain 22 V1 yellow Bespin sabres exactly?!). If he does reply, I'll base my next move on that; if I don't like what he says, I'll steer clear. However, if he doesn't reply at all, my general policy with most eBay sellers is that if they can't be bothered to reply to a reasonable question, I can't be bothered to give them my business! ;-)

I'll post any reply he does send here as some other forum members might be interested in seeing it, and if I feel I need to take you up on your offer of seeing him in person, I'll let you know! :lol:

steve obi wan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby steve obi wan » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:43 pm

Bad form !!
Steve ,

Reliving my child hood , only this time I have to spend my own money !

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:24 am

steve obi wan wrote:Bad form !!

Do you mean me or (hopefully!) him? :wink:

Dannywhiteley
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Dannywhiteley » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:22 pm

Considering what else he has sold over the years (real or not), 22 Bespin sabres is probably the very small tip of a fecking huge iceberg.

They are real.

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:23 pm

Dannywhiteley wrote:Considering what else he has sold over the years (real or not), 22 Bespin sabres is probably the very small tip of a fecking huge iceberg.

They are real.

Thanks for that. I hope you're right and they are real. Sadly the number and quality of repro vintage weapons, including Luke Bespin sabres, is increasing / improving all the time, so it never hurts to be careful if you are unsure if something is genuine or not.

In this particular instance however, I have still not received a response to my email to the seller, and I have actually since found the sabres I wanted elsewhere, so on this occasion my custom will not be going to him in any case.

Return to “Sellers to Avoid”