jedimastermark

mik8hx

Youngling
Unfortunately I find myself posting in this section about a member who has actually quite good reports in the feedback section so mine is, I expect, an individual case, but......

After making first contact on 22 Nov and explaining what I may be interested in and that I was buying as Christmas presents for my young daughter I got a final list of what I wanted and was ready to make payment by the 26th . Was asked to do it by bank transfer as it was quicker and did so that evening and next day sent pm confirming it and including delivery details. Since then I have sent pm on 2/12 which stated they would be here by end of week then pm 11/12 and 12/12 again asking about my items. And this is where it really starts to piss me off as you can see a member's last visit so you know they are aware of the contact being attempted. Which left me to send an angry pm ( though still with manners) 13/12. In this pm I explained I was aware of his ignorance and am currently viewing him as a thief who has stole from a little girls christmas fund, and Implored him to get in touch and get on with delivery of the items. And guess what, still no reply even though he has been on site since. Also during the period of waiting the thread used for selling his items has changed to all sold so I'm guessing he don't give a **** about this . This is my first time trying to buy any sw items in this manner and as you can expect has put me off trusting these forums. i was shopping for an 8 yr old girl and the things she wants are generally only available in these places so she may have to miss out based on the actions of one member.
Cheers
mik

Update - items arrived, please read to end of thread.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Doesn't sound good, Mark, care to chime in?

Mind you....
mik8hx said:
Was asked to do it by bank transfer as it was quicker

"Quicker"?? Quicker than PP which is virtually instant? There are rules on here, you should send payment by PP, and cover the fees. Or if you trust the guy gift is at your own risk. Sending money by bank transfer is, sorry to say, daft. You don't know this guy for **** and you've just sent him money. I don't mean to kick a guy when he's down, but you need to use some common sense. Would you hand money over to a stranger in a pub who said he would just go and get your stuff? No, so why do it on a forum? PP for all it's many faults does offer a little protection.

Poor form by Mark, and I hope this is just a misunderstanding, or the PO being slow at Xmas, but you need to use common sense, safety first!

Fingers crossed it works out in the end.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Yeah, i had a member on here recently with less than 30 posts try to sell me a Yak. Decent price too. Really wanted it but he said he couldn't accept a papal payment as paypal had blocked his account and could i send a bank transfer. I of course said no because i wouldn't be protected.
I said i would only be willing to buy it if he sent it to me first and i'll pay him when it arrives. He didn't like that idea.
And maybe that's the way you should think of it. Would you be willing to send good to someone you've never met and have no background on and receive the money once he gets them?? Because that exactly the same as giving someone you don't know a bunch of cash and trusting they'll send the goods.

I think we tell members on here about once a month. NEVER pay by anything other than paypal and NEVER send as a gift payment unless you know the person well and are sure you can trust them. Or you don't mind losing the obey. Which is unlikely.

I personally can't believe that ever has to be said but there you go.

mik8hx

Youngling
You both have valid points about the transfer of funds but by mark suggesting I use diff methods to the rules then as a selling member he is breaking the rules and I would expect mods to crack down on such. Don't get me wrong I accept my stupidity although I would pass it off as nievety and give myself the benefit of the doubt. And I will if it comes to it have to take the loss on the chin. But I'm a self employed tradesman so on a daily basis I trust random people financially. The thing is by now putting his thread as all sold its fair to say he's made a fair bit of cash of the forum and to abuse the benefit sort of stinks and I happen to know I am not the only forum member sweating on a satisfactory conclusion with this seller.

poncho

Grand Master
i was asked to pay by bank transfer at first which i found odd.

anyway as im not a fan of transfers or internet banking in general. i paid via paypal services/goods. i await for my little blaster in the post.

itfciain

Grand Master
Pete - yours might need a separate watch out thread if it is the same guy I think it is

As for the original poster - I hope this doesn't put you off buying from the forums - these sorts of things are excpetion rather than the rule on here

I know that Mark doesn't take PayPal - I am sure that Neil (jackabina) had to send him cash twice as the first payment got lost in the post. I have to admit I don't understand why someone can't open a PayPal account in this day and age

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Hmm very odd, I have dealt with mark myself a few times & it's always been good, can't remember doing any bank transfers though as I always pay via paypal :?

Fingers crossed this is just a misunderstanding & Mark come on soon & chimes in so your girl gets her vintage goodies for Christmas as intended, I have everything crossed that this pans out well for you & your daughter.

Jediknight3263827

Jedi Master
i have bought from mark before and paid bank transfer and all was good seems like a genuine bloke i have also bought from him last week and waiting for these to arrive but i am confident that they will turn up i am sure that mark will be on the forum soon to clear this up

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I have brought a couple of items off mark and paid cash in the post. I did think it odd to start with. I brought a blaster for £3 or £4 pounds so thought I'd take the risk. That was ok so I brought another a few weeks later which was also ok and then finally I brought a loose figure for £15. Again, I was asked to send cash. Because it had been ok previously I did it. Again, the figure arrived no problem.

I would like to add I'm not in the habit of sending cash and understand the risks etc but because the firs transactions were for about a pint I was willing to risk it. The loose figure was on the basis that other transactions had been ok, and I posted it recorded.

As for the mods stamping on this, they have no idea what goes on in trades unless someone tells them. All they can do is post the rules and pull people up if they ask for incorrect payment methods on their ad. If no one tells them they can't do anything about it.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Mr-shifter said:
I
As for the mods stamping on this, they have no idea what goes on in trades unless someone tells them. All they can do is post the rules and pull people up if they ask for incorrect payment methods on their ad. If no one tells them they can't do anything about it.

Exactly. Everyone can read. It could not be easier to protect yourselves from scammers and yet, on it goes. On and on… and on. Year in year out. Always has, always will.

mik8hx

Youngling
weasel said:

Frunkstar said:
Fingers crossed this is just a misunderstanding & Mark come on soon & chimes in.

That's just it guys. He ain't coming on to explain. Visited site before 6 am this morning so seen all of this. Misunderstandings are explainable.

jedimastermark

Jedi Knight
hi yes mik your figures are on way and yes their was a delay in posting, really sorry about that

but I posted them out myself and replied to messages whenever mik asked

unfortunately guys this is me who is at fault for taking so long to post them, one of the reason's I have sold up is the length of time it is taking me to post things out

It's not the way it should be done, so I can only apologise that this has happened and if they don't arrive this week I can offer a full refund

really sorry for the delay and hope they arrive soon

Mark

jedimastermark

Jedi Knight
also guys please point me in the direction of where it say's to use paypal and only paypal as a payment source as I have nearly always used cash through the post or ibt's and on rare occasion's for international's used paypal

this will all be sorted out soon guys the figures are on way and if they don't turn up I will give a refund

my fault completely and Mik is 100% right to open the thread and im sure I had sent a reply but I have checked my outbox and I cant see one, It must have been a message sent quickly after the last one so it did not send

sorry again guys

jedimastermark

Jedi Knight
itfciain said:
Pete - yours might need a separate watch out thread if it is the same guy I think it is

As for the original poster - I hope this doesn't put you off buying from the forums - these sorts of things are excpetion rather than the rule on here

I know that Mark doesn't take PayPal - I am sure that Neil (jackabina) had to send him cash twice as the first payment got lost in the post. I have to admit I don't understand why someone can't open a PayPal account in this day and age

thanks for mentioning about jack ian as he claimed to send money two times though the post none of which arrived (only two had ever went missing out of a lot) and I posted the item anyway after him saying he had posted the cash out twice but something was strage about jack saying he had sent the money out and would you belive it didn't arrive

he probly got the address wrong or didnt pack it well so I posted the item out and when the item arrived he said it was broken, he said he would pay through paypal and I told him after saying he sent the cash out twice not to worry

jedimastermark

Jedi Knight
mik8hx said:
weasel said:

Frunkstar said:
Fingers crossed this is just a misunderstanding & Mark come on soon & chimes in.

That's just it guys. He ain't coming on to explain. Visited site before 6 am this morning so seen all of this. Misunderstandings are explainable.

and sorry mate but I don't check out this room very often so If it wasn't for a friendly pm to say it was here then I would not have known

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Ok, consider this a very polite warning.

I was discussing this matter with you via PM.

I DO NOT EXPECT TO SEE MY PM'S POSTED IN THREADS!

I have deleted your post quoting my PM. Do it again, and I will delete it again.

As I said to you in my last PM, I am at work! It's a ****ing Monday morning. Most people tend to be at work between the hours of 9-5 on week days! I have a funny feeling my boss wouldn't understand if I told him I couldn't do any work because I had to reply to a thread on a forum I moderate!

Show a little common sense please! At least allow me a few hours to reply.

Yours a very ****ed off Moderator

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I've also locked this thread until I speak to the other Mods regarding the issue we were discussing via PM.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom