Header image

cee76bee...New seller on here...

Warn other members of negative experiences with sellers on eBay, Facebook or forums here. Please read the rules before posting.
Dublinjeff
Grand Master
Grand Master

cee76bee...New seller on here...

Postby Dublinjeff » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:07 pm

Hi

If mods don't think this post is ok, feel free to remove it.

I paid for a Tri logo Ewok village box on the 8th of January. Never received it.

Seller stated that it was posted on the 12th, than said it was posted, last post on Sat 16th. As i say, never received it, despite receiving other items from reputable sellers on here from the UK since then.

Sellers name is Caleb, uses email baileykat@outlook.com

Completely ignoring pm's, emails and paypal case now.

Disappointing really
Looking for Toltoys/Harbert Boxed Landspeeder....

Dublinjeff
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: cee76bee...New seller on here...

Postby Dublinjeff » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:35 pm

This item was never posted. PayPal settling tomorrow!

Dublinjeff
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Dublinjeff » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:40 pm

Seller never sent this item, despite claims that he had posted it twice. Once even claiming that it had been sent on a Saturday afternoon "just missed last post mate so will be with you soon"... :roll:

Seller
:

Caleb Bailey
baileykat@outlook.com

Here's a couple of pictures in case it resurfaces again! Tri logo Ewok village box.
IMG_20160203_213358.jpg
IMG_20160203_213358.jpg (170.14 KiB) Viewed 323 times

IMG_20160203_213414.jpg
IMG_20160203_213414.jpg (165.02 KiB) Viewed 323 times

PayPal settled claim yesterday after seller refused to respond to Dispute. Failed to respond to any email, pm's etc....

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:54 pm

Sorry to hear that mate, glad you paid goods though!

Dublinjeff
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Dublinjeff » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:58 pm

lejackal wrote:Sorry to hear that mate, glad you paid goods though!

Learnt my lesson before with new sellers on here unfortunately, was one click away from paying via Gift though :roll:

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby weasel » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:02 pm

Sad to see sellers fucking about. Not much we can do about it though.
Glad you got your money back.
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:32 pm

I have a feeling this is more than a seller fucking about. I have a strong feeling that some lowlife here backdoored you for it. I'd also be willing to bet the same happened for the other boxes that never arrived.

Wonder if Edd a) has the ability to check PM's and b) would be willing to. I appreciate this is a controversial thing to ask but in this case (dishonest seller) who should be banned I believe it is in the interest of the forum and it's member to know if this happened and who the guilty party or parties are.

itfciain
Approved Trader
Approved Trader

Postby itfciain » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:26 pm

ScruffyLookingNH wrote:I have a feeling this is more than a seller fucking about. I have a strong feeling that some lowlife here backdoored you for it. I'd also be willing to bet the same happened for the other boxes that never arrived.

Wonder if Edd a) has the ability to check PM's and b) would be willing to. I appreciate this is a controversial thing to ask but in this case (dishonest seller) who should be banned I believe it is in the interest of the forum and it's member to know if this happened and who the guilty party or parties are.

Interesting - and would make sense. Never sure why people do that though - they will always know that they got it unfairly and to be honest will probably never be able to limelight it without the fear of it being recognised
"I'll probably be broke and homeless but I'll have a hell of a collection!"

For all your display requirements - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26287

And for vintage goodness - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/iainitfc/_i.html?_sop=3&rt=nc

Dublinjeff
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Dublinjeff » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:17 pm

ScruffyLookingNH wrote:I have a feeling this is more than a seller fucking about. I have a strong feeling that some lowlife here backdoored you for it. I'd also be willing to bet the same happened for the other boxes that never arrived.

To be perfectly honest, I suspect that this is exactly what happened :(
There is not much else really to explain why he sent out most of the other stuff in the end, but didn't post this?

He never once queried me never receiving the item, which i took to believe that it was never posted!
You would be a bit more vocal in the PayPal dispute if you have genuinely sent something.

Disappointing really, as this was going to be the centre piece of a little Endor display I was planning on putting together :(

It's actually left such a sour taste in my mouth, I'm switching display focus....!!

rhyfelyser
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby rhyfelyser » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:10 pm

Never received my box too. No messages from the seller as to why, complete silence. Thank fuck it wasn't an MOC over £100 or something of that ilk. One question guys. Jeff has had his refund from paypal, where did that money come from? From the sellers own paypal account or from paypal themselves? I've got a week before my refund shows up if they continue to be silent.
Certainly a lesson for everyone not to ignore paying that little extra 4% for protection.
On and off small time collector of mainly ROTJ 77 backs, vehicles and loosies since 2000.

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:53 pm

Hi guys, although there is no mechanism for me to read PMs through the forum software, I can directly access the database and read PMs. Don't worry I don't make a habit of doing so, but if it helps resolve a problem I can.

I've just had a quick look through all his PMs and can't see any foul play, there are not multiple conversations about the same boxes and comms with all buyers seem pretty good, in fact there is a message telling somebody the boxes are all sold, so looks like it's just a case of taking the money and running I'm afraid. No evidence of back dooring.

Dublinjeff
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Dublinjeff » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:43 pm

Echo my pm Edd,

I genuinely appreciate your taking the time to look into this! Thanks again,

Jeff :D

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:37 pm

That's good to know and thanks for taking the time, Edd. Harmony and trust is restored.....apart from towards this particular fool :twisted:

Cazza
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Cazza » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:23 pm

Glad you got your money back Jeff. This was a strange one. He only replied to me and finally sent the box when I emailed his Paypal address. Turned out that the email was his wife's, and she obviously didn't appreciate being involved.

I reckon it may simply be a case of laziness. He's probably been busy (aren't we all) and simply couldn't be arsed to find a box big enough and get it sent. He probably still has the unsent boxes at home or has chucked them in the bin...
Collecting SW since 1980.
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

aussiejames
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby aussiejames » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:19 am

edd_jedi wrote:Hi guys, although there is no mechanism for me to read PMs through the forum software, I can directly access the database and read PMs. Don't worry I don't make a habit of doing so, but if it helps resolve a problem I can.

I've just had a quick look through all his PMs and can't see any foul play, there are not multiple conversations about the same boxes and comms with all buyers seem pretty good, in fact there is a message telling somebody the boxes are all sold, so looks like it's just a case of taking the money and running I'm afraid. No evidence of back dooring.

:shock: :shock: I had no idea private messages were not private? I can see it being a useful 'tool' for admin to help members. I assume this breach of privacy was a last resort & the member in question was sent messages to warn them. Along the lines of "prove you are not a scamming twat or I will look"

Return to “Sellers to Avoid”