Header image

cee76bee...New seller on here...

Warn other members of negative experiences with sellers on eBay, Facebook or forums here. Please read the rules before posting.
Cazza
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: cee76bee...New seller on here...

Postby Cazza » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:18 pm

Thinks it's the case on most forums mate.
Collecting SW since 1980.
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:02 am

It's a pain in the arse for sure. Don't let it get you down Jeff, every now and then we fall foul of new people. Trust is built and we know who the good ones are, at least you got you money back. Hey, I'll keep eyes out for a box for ya :)

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:00 pm

aussiejames wrote:
edd_jedi wrote:Hi guys, although there is no mechanism for me to read PMs through the forum software, I can directly access the database and read PMs. Don't worry I don't make a habit of doing so, but if it helps resolve a problem I can.

I've just had a quick look through all his PMs and can't see any foul play, there are not multiple conversations about the same boxes and comms with all buyers seem pretty good, in fact there is a message telling somebody the boxes are all sold, so looks like it's just a case of taking the money and running I'm afraid. No evidence of back dooring.

:shock: :shock: I had no idea private messages were not private? I can see it being a useful 'tool' for admin to help members. I assume this breach of privacy was a last resort & the member in question was sent messages to warn them. Along the lines of "prove you are not a scamming twat or I will look"

Just in the same way eBay messages aren't private or indeed any e-mail sent at work using the corporate network (from a work account or a private account, even) aren't private, in the UK at least. Without getting into the legalities of it all, it's all above board and I reckon, in this case at least, justified. I'm sure Edd has much better things to do than poke around people's messages for the hell of it ;)

rhyfelyser
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby rhyfelyser » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:25 pm

Received my refund from paypal 10 minutes ago. I hope they raided the sellers bank account to get that money. Certainly a lesson for everyone dealing with strangers to add 4% on top especially if they turn out to be idiots.
On and off small time collector of mainly ROTJ 77 backs, vehicles and loosies since 2000.

Return to “Sellers to Avoid”