Header image

Laser Riffle E-Bay

Warn other members of negative experiences with sellers on eBay, Facebook or forums here. Please read the rules before posting.
MightyMike
Regular
Regular

Laser Riffle E-Bay

Postby MightyMike » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:18 am

I'm not sure if this is a dodgy seller yet, or what rules I have to follow so I won't name the seller (unless it is deemed appropriate)

I bought a Star Wars laser rifle (with partial stock) from eBay on the 26th July and paid immediately including first class signed for delivery. Week later it still hasn't been marked as dispatched and the seller hasn't answered 2 emails

It looks like he is new to eBay with 0 feedback and no other item for sale so am inclined to give him the benefit of doubt for the moment. But thought I would put it up in case the rifle comes up again

Would someone really set up an account for a one time £36 fraud?!?

TK-7785
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Re: Laser Riffle E-Bay

Postby TK-7785 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:38 am

He could be on holiday. I'd say give him another week or so. You're still well within your window for asking Ebay to get involved.
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

MightyMike
Regular
Regular

Postby MightyMike » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:32 pm

To be honest I don't know if I was just being a bit grumpy moaning so soon!

Think I'm more annoyed about being charged £7 for first class postage when there seems little advantage if not posted straight away

peekaygee73
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby peekaygee73 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:50 pm

MightyMike wrote:It looks like he is new to eBay with 0 feedback and no other item for sale so am inclined to give him the benefit of doubt for the moment. But thought I would put it up in case the rifle comes up again

Actually, that'd ring more alarm bells for me than an established seller. You should already be able to raise a case with ebay about this, so I would do that straight away. In the majority of cases that spurs people into action..

MightyMike wrote:Would someone really set up an account for a one time £36 fraud?!?

Yep. :shock: Not saying that's the case this time, but...

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:26 pm

No but they might set up 100 accounts for 100 x £36 frauds

MightyMike
Regular
Regular

Postby MightyMike » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:45 pm

lejackal wrote:No but they might set up 100 accounts for 100 x £36 frauds

That's why I thought I would mention the item rather than the person.

Anyway I've opened a case to see if that will get a response

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby weasel » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:14 pm

peekaygee73 wrote:
MightyMike wrote:It looks like he is new to eBay with 0 feedback and no other item for sale so am inclined to give him the benefit of doubt for the moment. But thought I would put it up in case the rifle comes up again

Actually, that'd ring more alarm bells for me than an established seller. You should already be able to raise a case with ebay about this, so I would do that straight away. In the majority of cases that spurs people into action..

Yeap, my thoughts as well.
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

StarWarsFan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby StarWarsFan » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:47 pm

Thanks for the info.

Return to “Sellers to Avoid”