Header image

eBay rogues

Warn other members of negative experiences with sellers on eBay, Facebook or forums here. Please read the rules before posting.
PGowdy
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: ebay cocks

Postby PGowdy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:37 pm

weasel wrote:Very plausible, it's not like banks send you out a new cheque book as soon as they clear the 5th last (give or take) cheque in the previous book.

On that note, who actually pays for ebay stuff by cheque anyway?

I had someone pay me by cheque once. I out the cheque in my wallet and never got round to cashing it. By the time i could actually be bothered to go into a bank and queue and actually try and cash the thing the cashier told me it was out of date and could no longer be cashed. I asked her if all forms of money go out of date if not spent within the next few months. She said, no.
Former forum member.

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby weasel » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:11 pm

Obviously you sent him the item before even trying to lodge the cheque. You going soft? :lol:
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

PGowdy
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby PGowdy » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:46 pm

weasel wrote:Obviously you sent him the item before even trying to lodge the cheque. You going soft? :lol:

It was such a small amount of money i just didn't really care. It wasn't really worth my while going to a bank and queueing up. By the time i could be bothered it had been about 9 months i think. :lol: That's laziness for you.
Former forum member.

Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Richard_H » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:03 pm

Cheques have a 6 month life span. I hate cheques. All work expenses over £25 must be paid by cheque..... :twisted:
Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

Mr-shifter
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Mr-shifter » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:06 pm

Richard_H wrote:Cheques have a 6 month life span. I hate cheques. All work expenses over £25 must be paid by cheque..... :twisted:

Did you claim back for all that unleaded petrol you put in the diesel minibus?
WANTED: The following speederbikes. I would like them boxed but open and complete. I need:

Meccano stickered bike
Pbp stickered bilogo
Danish stickered bilogo
Special offer uk bilogo

Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Richard_H » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:29 pm

I didn't pay it

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

Dark Sith Lord
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Dark Sith Lord » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:55 pm

Another cunt - tayljim_cmdk3xl

This guy is a serial offender

Charges extorinate postage £10 for a few coins
Shill bidding
I defeat his shill bid by a penny. He isnt happy with the sale price (£5.01)
He comes up with an excuse that "his wife who deals with the account is in hospital in a coma after a fall" yet in the meantime he has collected an item and listed another item :roll: Give me a break.

He says he collected the item before the fall and "was gonna close the account anyway" - Thats it there him admiting it! :lol: :lol: :roll:
"Ill probably be broke and homeless but I'll have a hell of a collection!"

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:41 am

One to add: mato519 AKA John Mathieson. Sold me a MOC with undisclosed ink touch ups, I returned it, and then he cancelled the refund through Paypal after receiving the item back. Had to phone eBay to escalate it to get my refund. Useless communication too, no doubt stalling tactics (took a month from purchase date to get my refund.)

indianawars
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby indianawars » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:50 pm

I had a guy that brought a few bits from me last weekend - In total his items came to £435.99. As you can imagine I was quite chuffed with that. So I sent him an invoice now including free P&P because of the prices they sold for. Three days later, nothing! No payment, no messages, nothing... So I sent a new invoice still offering him free P&P for the item, but yet again two more days later, nothing! So I send him a private message asking him to confirm if he still wanted the items, or did he want to cancel the order? I finally received a message from this guy claiming there was a sudden death in the family and he didn't have the time, and just to cancel the whole order (why is the reason always a death, fire, or car crash?) So I thought, okay I will just cancel the order and sent him a request to do that along with a message stating that he needed to confirm the cancellation so I don't get charged for the final value fee as I was due my eBay invoice soon. And guess what? I herd nothing back. So today I phoned eBay asking them to cancel the orders from their end - Simple right? Wrong! I was told that if the buyer dose not response to the cancellation, then I would have to wait ten days for the request to be closed. So I asked why have the final value fees have been added to my invoice even if the seller hasn't paid, and furthermore wanted me to cancel the order? Yet again the guy repeated the ten days policy before the case would be closed. I then asked how will the final value fees be reimbursed back to me for those orders? 'We will then credit it back to your account,' he tells me. 'Oh great, so the money your taking out of my bank account that can be spent universally in this Country is now being restricted to only being spend on eBay?' I then said. By this stage the guy could wait to get me off the phone! As you can imagine I'm a little pissed my this experience...
So the moral of this story is if alleventssecurity buys anything from you, don't expect to be paid, and look forward to the headache. My advice is to add him to your block list!

Dark Sith Lord
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Dark Sith Lord » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:07 am

indianawars wrote:I had a guy that brought a few bits from me last weekend - In total his items came to £435.99. As you can imagine I was quite chuffed with that. So I sent him an invoice now including free P&P because of the prices they sold for. Three days later, nothing! No payment, no messages, nothing... So I sent a new invoice still offering him free P&P for the item, but yet again two more days later, nothing! So I send him a private message asking him to confirm if he still wanted the items, or did he want to cancel the order? I finally received a message from this guy claiming there was a sudden death in the family and he didn't have the time, and just to cancel the whole order (why is the reason always a death, fire, or car crash?) So I thought, okay I will just cancel the order and sent him a request to do that along with a message stating that he needed to confirm the cancellation so I don't get charged for the final value fee as I was due my eBay invoice soon. And guess what? I herd nothing back. So today I phoned eBay asking them to cancel the orders from their end - Simple right? Wrong! I was told that if the buyer dose not response to the cancellation, then I would have to wait ten days for the request to be closed. So I asked why have the final value fees have been added to my invoice even if the seller hasn't paid, and furthermore wanted me to cancel the order? Yet again the guy repeated the ten days policy before the case would be closed. I then asked how will the final value fees be reimbursed back to me for those orders? 'We will then credit it back to your account,' he tells me. 'Oh great, so the money your taking out of my bank account that can be spent universally in this Country is now being restricted to only being spend on eBay?' I then said. By this stage the guy could wait to get me off the phone! As you can imagine I'm a little pissed my this experience...
So the moral of this story is if alleventssecurity buys anything from you, don't expect to be paid, and look forward to the headache. My advice is to add him to your block list!

Whats his User ID?
"Ill probably be broke and homeless but I'll have a hell of a collection!"

indianawars
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby indianawars » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:21 am

His user ID is - alleventssecurity.

PGowdy
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby PGowdy » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:39 pm

Unfortunately non paying "buyers" are just part and parcel of ebay and you have to consider that going in. If you absolutely can't have a non payer then you can't do auctions. You'd have to list your items as buyitnow with immediate payment required. Otherwise you just have to suck it up.
If someone doesn't pay for a won auction you can immediately re-list the items and ebay will refund you the original final sale fee once the unpaid case against the buyer closes.

And obviously block him from your sales so he can never bid again.
Former forum member.

theslider
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby theslider » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:18 pm

This cunt has stiffed me out of £30.

Fair enough I was late sending it out - I only post out at the weekend and Ofsted were in work that week so it got over-looked and sent the following Saturday - First Class.

A Claim comes through on Tuesday this week - obviously got the package and as it's not tracked claiming against it. Totally whining that it's 3 weeks since he ordered it. The guy is a crank!

Username: dj-breakers2012

Name and address: daniel jones
146 Cross View
Keighley, West Yorkshire Bd22 7ew

My own fault as I was going to send it Hermes tracked, but because it was late sent it RM 1st class. Fucking cunt. I'll get him back.
Need the following Palitoy carded/reseals:

Zuckuss (45 back import with sticker)

theslider
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby theslider » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:42 pm

Fucking two within a month!

Two weeks after the auction end a case opened. No previous messages. Fucking cunt. Get this twat on your block list:

jackofspades3
Need the following Palitoy carded/reseals:

Zuckuss (45 back import with sticker)

Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Richard_H » Thu May 14, 2015 5:53 pm

block this guy. sent a moc in a jiffy bag.

simba0786

Return to “Sellers to Avoid”