You're no good to me dead...

MarkG

Jedi Master
Here's one to start me off on the prop side of things... my full on ESB Fett costume.

Assembled from various parts from various prop forums, and fully assembled and painted by myself.

IMG_14242226287877_zps2cf4be60.jpg

Have had many costumes over the years, but only own this one now. Will get some other pics of other bits and pieces soon.

MarkG

Jedi Master
Jediknight3263827 said:
very nice mate, Fett is such a cool character
do you attend cos play events or is it just for display?

I was originally a 501st member but quit a few years back... joined a local group but now given up with them too... Fett comes out now and again for personal events. At all other times he's stuck in a large suitcase.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Ah man that is just too cool!!!!
Been toying with getting a set of Stormtrooper armour but you can not beat Boba Fett for visual impact!

Must be great having that in your house - to be pulled out and put on when required (and if I had it I'd be making up excuses every other day!)

How long did it take to complete?

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
That is a great bit of work! Very impressed that you did all the painting and distressing yourself; it looks amazing. I'd love to do something like this, but I'm really scared of making a large investment and screwing up the paint job!
Can't believe he lives in a suitcase.. buy a mannequin!!!

grinchy

Sith Lord
Thats a cool looking fett, top notch work mate, as a costume it is a hard one to finish up so many parts to do, you've done a great job

MarkG

Jedi Master
db94 said:
How long did it take to complete?

In truth, it's not complete as I'm constantly upgrading parts and repainting bits and pieces as and when it needs it. To get to the point of having every part and assembled, it took about 18 months.

Oh.. did I mention that it has a full r/c rangefinder in the lid, and smoke system in the jetpack.

SAVORY100 said:
That is a great bit of work! Very impressed that you did all the painting and distressing yourself; it looks amazing. I'd love to do something like this, but I'm really scared of making a large investment and screwing up the paint job!
Can't believe he lives in a suitcase.. buy a mannequin!!!

I had exactly the same thoughts when I took on this venture. I had never picked up an airbrush before, so that was a huge learning curve. The lid was the first item I painted.. but has since been fully redone since that pic. Added a bit more weathering, shading and detail to the second paintup.

Sadly, I don't have the room for a mannequin. The helmet lives in my detolf cabinet, but the rest has to be kept in it's suitcase.

indianawars

Sith Lord
That fett costume looks faultless! You have a real eye for the details. You must be tempted to do the weekly shopping wearing that - I know I would be.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom