Through the mail autographs, anyone had any success?

grinchy

Sith Lord
I was just wondering if anyone had any luck with sending of pics with a self addressed envelope to star wars stars , i haven't tried it myself, i assume those people would all have websites, anyone done it?

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Grinch,

Ill post some addresses tommorow mate. Had loads of crap going down lately, and have just renovated the kitchen :mrgreen:

Ive had loads of success, probably around 75-100 ttm sigs in 5-6 years :)

Lee

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Some being very few.

Jimmy Smits, Frank Oz come to mind. Fortunately not all are like that. and Oz has been hit and miss anyway.

av6

Jedi Knight
Yes, I used to be a regular sending TTM autograph requests. There are many addresses readily available on the net to send to. On a side note, there were a few addresses that I actually dug out for myself, but I DARE NOT give them out as I was asked not to. Mostly actors are very happy to sign and send back, but I've had one or two none replies, one or two strange replies and the odd down and out rude (ish). I'll list a few below.

Jason Wingreen (Boba's original voice) - A lovely man that will reply to everyone and will write pretty much what you request.

Kenny Baker (R2) - Does request payment on his website, but I've always had a reply with just return postage paid. Even includes his own 10x8 now and then.

Jeremy Bulloch (Boba) - Used to sign freely, but would only dedicate (due to eBay sellers). Doesn't sign TTM anymore, but I suspect that if you were to hit him with an email and offer to pay........

Julian Glover (General Veers) - Again, a lovely guy that will sign and return your items.

Frank Henson (Stunts, etc...) - Will sign what you send him and will send a few things of his own for you.

Colin Skeaping (Stunts) - Will sign, but will only dedicate. Again, due to eBay sellers.

Ian Liston (Wes and At-At Driver) - Another good one. Will sign what you send and also include a few of his own.

Michael Carter (Bib) - Will sign and return.

Dermot Crowley (Gen. Madine) - Will sign and return.

Caroline Blakiston - (Mon Mothma) - Will sign and return.

Gerald Home (Tessek) - Will only sign official photographs.

Alan Harris (Bossk) - Lovely man.

Those are just few. There's a ton more..............

Now onto the worth giving a try, not so good and bad.

Ian McDiarmid (Palpatine) - Not known for being a TTM signer, but I have had success with him.

Dave Prowse (Darth) - Don't bother. He sells autos on his website. He used to do a send-in for personal items at a cost, but thats stopped now.

Carrie Fisher (Leia) - Not a big one for TTM, but there have been authentic successes. Does send a lot of secretarials though.

Harrison Ford (Solo) - You will just get a PP sent back.

Mark Hamill (Luke) - No. Just no.

Anthony Daniels (3po) - More chance of Alec Guiness and Peter Cushing.

Denis Lawson (Wedge) - A tough one to call. There was a time that he wouldn't sign Star Wars AT ALL due to an incident that I'd rather not go into. Nothing to do with me. Just to make that clear. He's done a few shows recently and I think he's had his faith restorded in SW fans. I'm not 100%, but I think he may just sign TTM.

Again, the list goes on here, but those are just a few.

A few tips when sending and requesting. DON'T take the piss when sending stuff, such as multiples of the same photo or just tons of photos. Although some of them will sign what you send, others will just return one and you will just end up disappointed. Other than that, it's just courtesy on your behalf really. If it's something that you already have signed by multiple actors, just write and ask if it's OK to send first. That way you know it's safe and will come back. You may have to wait for your reply, but at least you haven't lost that valuable item.
Here's a big one, especially with ones like McDiarmid. Don't bore them with Star Wars. They like to be noted as actors and not characters. Just introduce yourself. Apologise for the intrusion. Explain why you're writing.... You're a fan of their work and tell them what. Tell them that you realise that must be very busy, but could they poossibly spare a few moments to autograph the enclosed photograph for you. It really would mean a great deal to you if they could.
Tell them that you don't wish to take up anymore of their valuable time and you would just like to thank them for taking the time to read you letter.

Don't do what a few have and just send a letter, Dear Mr So an so, would you do me a favour and sign these photos for me. Thanks. As funny as it sounds, it don't go down well.

Oh, and a hand written letter. They know you taken time to actually write to them then. About a page long.

Thats pretty much it for the basics really. If there's anything else you need to know or something about a particular actor, ask and I'll do my best.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
a bit off piste but im interested in sending martin short from innerspace and the three amigos films a request for a signed photo.

just wondering how i go about doing this? how it'll get sent back and whether i'll have much success?

any help would be appreciated :)

i've heard he's done this quite a bit in the past for fans.

av6

Jedi Knight
Try this for Martin Short.

Martin Short
"It's Only a Play"
Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre
236 West 45th Street
New York, NY 10036
USA

That's a 'Via Venue' address. He's currently performing there, BUT only until June 7th. Anyone there will pass fanmail/request onto him. He will more than likely sign and return your request.

Failing that, you can always send to his agency who will still pass it onto him. If he's performing in New York though you may have a bit of a wait.

Martin Short
Brillstein Entertainment Partners
9150 Wilshire Blvd.
Suite 350
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
USA

Personally I would go for the via venue address, but it's entirely your call.

Just remember to send something like $10 to cever return postage with your enclosed return envelope which has your address PRE-written. Make it as EASY as possible for him. That way you stand a greater chance of a reply.

Good luck!

av6

Jedi Knight
Think nothing of it mate. Happy to help. :)

I did forget to mention that you may just be better off sending your own photo to him as an alternative to requesting a signed photo. He may or may not be one of those that don't bother with carrying his own. Especially if he's away from home. Just to be on the safe side. You could always request a signed playbill at the same time though.

I'm an Innerspace fan myself. Countless times I watched that film when I was younger.

Emzyb1981

Hi, sorry to jump on an old thread, how would I go about finding addresses for some of these actors?
Thanks in advance

greig1983

Padawan
There's a facebook page think its called star wars autographs ttm. They have a database with address and successes.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
I never did get anything back from Martin short :(

in September 2017 I stumbled across an email address for steve coogan (alan partridge) my mate is a huge fan so requested a signed photo for him

I've still not received anything, do they usually take a long time to get back to you??? I see on imdb steve has been filming a laural and hardy film and also his new partridge series so maybe he's busy???

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
av6 said:
Think nothing of it mate. Happy to help. :)

I did forget to mention that you may just be better off sending your own photo to him as an alternative to requesting a signed photo. He may or may not be one of those that don't bother with carrying his own. Especially if he's away from home. Just to be on the safe side. You could always request a signed playbill at the same time though.

I'm an Innerspace fan myself. Countless times I watched that film when I was younger.

I'm trying to find an address for the steely dan singer Donald fagen, any help would be brilliant!

greig1983

Padawan
Had success from Alan Harris the other day. Sent 6 photographs and he signed them all and returned.

Awaiting Michael Carter.

greig1983

Padawan
I think you can order stamps from the Royal Mail etc and they will send them out to you.

They have a postal cost estimator, so you insert your address and the size/weight of the envelope.

I'm UK based so only send to UK actors due to this.

Recent success has been: Alan Harris again and also Michael Carter.

Judewhite13

I know this is a old page But want to send off to Michael Carter What is the Address and has anyone had any recent Successes

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom