Solid hardwood Gaffi sticks

Robstyley

Sith Lord
These are a few work in progress photos of some Gaffi sticks I'm making. They're made from Sapele and I shaped them with a dremel, files and sandpaper. I did get a carpenter I know to turn the pineapple bits to start them off. I made these quite a while ago and haven't done anything on them for ages. I hit a bit of a stumbling block with the metal spike, I have the parts, I just need to find a creative welder who can put it together for me! Also need to do a bit more shaping and finishing off of these wood bits and make them darker.

P1050329(2) (small).jpg

P1050362(2) (small).jpg

P1050374(2) (small).jpg

P1050383(2) (small).jpg

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Andy, those are absolutely brilliant! When you find a blacksmith to do the ends they will look the business! If you ever fancy doing a 3rd, let me know ;)

Robstyley

Sith Lord
These are the steel parts I had made for the pointy end. I designed it myself and have tried to make it as accurate as possible. The square rod will go through the tube exactly in the position they sit next to each other at the top of the 2nd photo. One protruding end will go into the wooden part so the end of the tube is flush with the wood and the other end will be sharpened into a point. The fins will be welded to the tube roughly where they sit next to it at the bottom of the 2nd photo. There's a drawing of it too.

P1060610(small).jpg

P1060612(small).jpg

IMG(small).jpg

Frunkstar

Grand Master
I'm sure he could piss that for you no sweat, though I would weld all the way along the join of the fins myself mate, would make it stronger & look more normal if that's the right choice of word.

I can copy the pic's & send them to him & ask if you can't find anyone local, though I know the postage would be a huge bloody pain, so fingers crossed you get sorted closer, going to look the dogs when its done 8)

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Yeah I think you're right about the welds, I wasn't sure what would work best when I drew that. If it's not a hassle mate that would be great if you could ask him, just if it can be done and what he'd charge. Would need the square bars knocking into the tubes as well and a little weld each end to hold it in place. Cheers Frank, really appreciate that, drop us a pm if you get a reply or any info.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom