Possibly looking to sell signed items

speedboy21

Youngling
Hi,

maybe looking to sell some items but unsure on value.

I have a 20th anniversary star wars mag signed by Alec Guinness on the front and Shelagh Fraser in the mag where there is a article on Aunt Beru.

Signed by Alec Guinness 1990 collectors edition obi-wan with gate fold box. Signed on the front of the gate fold. Any ideas on the value of these items please?

Kev.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Put some pics up bud and ill help you. Ill need to see the items themselves, but if legit and in good nick you could be looking at £3-400 for each. Guinness is quite hard to find on Videos and magazines.

Lee

speedboy21

Youngling
Here are the pictures of the Magazine and the figure.

Attachments

• mag.jpg
    mag.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,355
  • figure.jpg
    figure.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 1,352

speedboy21

Youngling
This is also inside the same Magazine. Signed by Sheilalgh Fraser

Attachments

• mag insert.jpg
    mag insert.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,352

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
I'd love a piece signed by Sir Alec, but I just find it hard to believe he signed anything SW after the 1980s. I had tickets to go and see him talk about his new book "A positively final appearance" in around 1998, maybe early '99 in Manchester. On the ticket it stated that no question about SW would be tolerated and he would not sign anything to do with SW.

Do you have any provenance to go with the signature? Would be very, very interested in the Obi-Wan 12" POTF II figure if you did.

Lee will probably know; when did Alec stop signing SW stuff?

speedboy21

Youngling
Hi

I sent the items to his agent. 1st i sent a tazo from walkers and he sent me a note back saying he could not sign it. Sent him figure and he signed them and signed the magazine and sent it himself after a nice letter from me. I didnt even send the mag to him. In that box back to me he put a small note on the letter i sent saying do not send anymore star wars items. I have compared the autographs to others with caa and looks identical. Kev

speedboy21

Youngling
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had a chance to look at the pictures and let me know what you think of them and a possible value if I wanted to sell them. Thanks again for all the help you can give me.

Kev.

Captainsolo1978

Jedi Master
Alec Guinness signatures look good! Identical to my genuine signed index card.

Not sure on value, but the signed figure would be worth more I think.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Good news is that both are real IMO. Lovely sigs and sweet pieces. The 12" figure would probably get the highest price, but the magazine has room for more sigs making it a good candidate for a multi signed piece, however with Kenny and Carrie passing id leave it as is or just add Hamill and Prowse to make the jedi/sith connection.

Alec didnt like signing Star Wars but he did. He never stopped signing but he would sign in strange colours to be a bit of a miser. He always said people were sad to love Star Wars so much :lol:

speedboy21

Youngling
Thanks that is awesome feed back. I am happy with it. I also have a Kenny signature but never got Carrie unfortunately.

av6

Jedi Knight
This thread makes me think of the chap that sent Guiness a ton of photos to sign. Guiness signed one then sent it back with a hand written note saying that he wasn't a factory. :lol:

Egg on your face Mr Pisstaker. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom