How can you tell the fakes?

r1hvy

Padawan
Guys, I'n relatively new to collecting abut have seen some great pieces at conventions but I don't ever feel sure I am buying a genuine product to pay so much.
There was a great framed and signed photo of Alec Guinness and David Prowse but it was about £200. It looked nice and I think it was worth the price if the signatures were real but I had no way to tell.
There are so many stalls selling signed pictures and goods and I want loads of them but I feel like the only way to be sure is to see photos of them signing the object which are rarely available.
What do you guys do> Do you buy many of these types of products?

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Guinness is frequently forged and is relatively easy to spot. If it was a photo with both on then i can assure you it would be worth more than £200. If it was 2 signed cards matted with a photo the price is about right,depending on presentation frame etc.

Ill be starting a guide soon which will hopefully save some people from buying forgeries. I dont know it all though, but know one guy who does and will speak to him about signing up here.

r1hvy

Padawan
_Lee_ said:
Guinness is frequently forged and is relatively easy to spot. If it was a photo with both on then i can assure you it would be worth more than £200. If it was 2 signed cards matted with a photo the price is about right,depending on presentation frame etc.

Ill be starting a guide soon which will hopefully save some people from buying forgeries. I dont know it all though, but know one guy who does and will speak to him about signing up here.
Thanks for your reply mate.
I wonder if there is some kind of app where you can see copies of genuine signitures and maybe that can tell if the ink is printed or not?
If not someone should make one and give me a cut for the idea :) but seriously...make sure you give me a cut!

r1hvy

Padawan
_Lee_ said:

I think it was cards now i think about it!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom