Latest prop build. Kylo saber

_Lee_

Sith Lord
So I thought id pick up a £25 3D Kylo Ren saber print and give it the usual one hour go over. Still want to weather it more but if this is anything to go by, then ill be saving up a lot of money by buying 3d prints in future :)

Started with a blank 3d print and added the wires, paint and weathering. I wanted to do this with as minimal work as possible and it aint too bad :D

Attachments

• SAM_4243 (480x640).jpg
    SAM_4243 (480x640).jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,058
  • SAM_4244 (480x640).jpg
    SAM_4244 (480x640).jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,053

Joe

Grand Master
I like that Lee, really nice. Are you going to add a saber or keep it hilt only?

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I really like that Lee, great work!
Do you find that the 3D printed kits on sale need a lot of sanding to remove the ridges?
Only asking as I have two Solo blaster kits; Doopy Doos (moulded and no sanding) and one from a random on eBay that I presume was 3D printed and despite a fair bit of sanding has a lightly ridged surface. Wondered if it was my bad luck/poor quality or if this is a feature of the 3D printing kits out there?

Cheers
Steve

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Joe said:
I like that Lee, really nice. Are you going to add a saber or keep it hilt only?

Hey joe, just a display piece bud so no blades.

Savory,it all depends on the print resolution. The higher you go, the more it will cost but itwill be cleaner. There is a lot of work sandingdown the ridges, but its worth it for the cheaper cost. Over time they will get better and man made items will be in the past.

MarkG

Jedi Master
Looks great Lee.

I picked up one of the slightly cheaper ones a while back. (The one without the hollow bits at the bottom)

Not a bad casting tbh, but should have gone for the one like yours.

x-pack

Grand Master
Nice piece that :)

Reminded me of when Kylo Ren is getting his ass handed to him by Rey and he starts hitting himself. What was that about? :?

grinchy

Sith Lord
I thought he was hitting the wound to psyche himself up so the dark side flowed more smoothly through him, better fighter and all that
Nice job mate, really looks the part, brilliant job

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom