Is this Ford authentic???

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
DSC_0844.JPG
DSC_0843.JPG

Bought this a while ago, but I've been recently reading about GA and how they authenticated a load of fakes, especially sports autographs.

Obviously I thought it looked legit, otherwise I would not have bought it, just wondered what some of you guys think....

Thanks for your input

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Cheers, yeah I'd spent ages looking at genuine Ford's on Topps and Official Pix ect and thought this one looked genuine, but read so much negativity around Global Authentics, I was starting to worry a bit.

Thanks for you input pal :D

av6

Jedi Knight
It's the real deal you have there. One of his better in the street signatures. Nice placement too. Couldn't have been that many wanting an autograph at the time. Seen some right messy autographs from him when there's a crowd.

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Quality :D looks like my gamble paid off. I had been looking for a nice example for a while, and as you say, some of his signatures can look rushed and sloppy.

Thanks for you input pal.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Im not liking that at all. Ive studied Fords sig quite a bit and something doesnt sit right with me.I even asked a friend who knows his autographs more than me and he said it looks too similar to some forgeries we have seen in recent times.

Thats the problem with autos, unless you saw it signed in front of your own eyes or from a very reputable seller there is never a definative answer.

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
_Lee_ said:
Im not liking that at all. Ive studied Fords sig quite a bit and something doesnt sit right with me.I even asked a friend who knows his autographs more than me and he said it looks too similar to some forgeries we have seen in recent times.

Thats the problem with autos, unless you saw it signed in front of your own eyes or from a very reputable seller there is never a definative answer.

Totally get what you are saying Lee, I don't consider myself to be an expert, hence why I asked. I thought it looked genuine compared to other genuine Ford's, I just didn't want to fork out £500+ for an official pix example.
Thanks for your comments pal

It was an eBay purchase, from some seller in Australia if I remember correctly, got it last year.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom