Which Air Brush to buy ??

megoman

Padawan
Hi Guys
I am in the process of 'Build the millennium Falcon' and I am at the stage of painting
Its time to invest in an air brush kit but have no idea which to buy
Can anyone help. I have never used one before but up for the challenge ! :)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Grinchy may be able to give some advice on air brush mate :)

I'm sure he's posted on a Falcon and some work he did on it, Grinchy s your man

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
If you are on Facebook then dan tearle is one of the guys to speak to.

He does amazing things with an airbrush.

He's on here but only posts when one of us is being rude about echo base.

subzero

Sith Lord
megoman said:
Hi Guys
I am in the process of 'Build the millennium Falcon' and I am at the stage of painting

I have a Deag Falcon too that I finished about a year ago now, all I used for mine was a cheapo mini airbrush compressor, you don't really need anything fancy or expensive and you can get amazing results with it even for a rank beginner like me. Something like this is similar to what I have...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Airbrush-Compressor-Spray-Gun-Kit-Air-Brush-Dual-Action-0-3MM-Needle-Filter/122551446591?hash=item1c88a2ac3f:g:GAMAAOSwGJlZIrqi

As for the actual airbrush gun itself, I went through about 10 of them during the entire build :lol: they just kept getting clogged up too much to the point where it was un-cleanable and would block the spray or spit paint, I don't know if that was because I wasn't cleaning them properly or if they were just cheap shite though.

megoman

Padawan
subzero said:
megoman said:
Hi Guys

I have a Deag Falcon too that I finished about a year ago now, all I used for mine was a cheapo mini airbrush compressor, you don't really need anything fancy or expensive and you can get amazing results with it even for a rank beginner like me. Something like this is similar to what I have...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Airbrush-Compressor-Spray-Gun-Kit-Air-Brush-Dual-Action-0-3MM-Needle-Filter/122551446591?hash=item1c88a2ac3f:g:GAMAAOSwGJlZIrqi

As for the actual airbrush gun itself, I went through about 10 of them during the entire build :lol: they just kept getting clogged up too much to the point where it was un-cleanable and would block the spray or spit paint, I don't know if that was because I wasn't cleaning them properly or if they were just cheap shite though.
Hi
Thanks for all the help
I will be using your amazing pics as guidance if you don't mind :)

megoman

Padawan
subzero said:
megoman said:
Hi Guys

MarkG

Jedi Master
Used to do a bit of airbrushing myself a few years back... originally had one of the cheaper Badger kits, and a tiny compressor.. worked very well, but found the fine adjustments weren't that great. Luckily as I was only painting up Fett lids, they were great for the coverage.

Ended up with a Iwata Neo2 and bought a nice 50ltr compressor through work.. perfect for all round stuff... very controllable too.

Will be firing it up again for weathering my Deag R2.

subzero

Sith Lord
megoman said:
subzero said:
megoman said:
Hi Guys

Hi
Thanks for all the help
I will be using your amazing pics as guidance if you don't mind :)

No probs knock yourself out, is that the pics from my build thread I posted on here?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom