What would Lucas be thinking? TFA

_Lee_

Sith Lord
So as everyone else is posting TFA threads here i thought id start just this one :D :lol:

Anyone else wonder what G Lucas thinks of TFA ? I would think he regrets handing it over a little, especially with the drastic changes with costumes etc,although he himself done it with the the PT.

kieatky

Jedi Master
He'd be wondering were to put JAR JAR :lol:

uk87npbja0ahnjrfvahe.jpg

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I'm sure he's probably already seen it. It's very easy to criticise others work, but as his prequels were so badly received I doubt he has much of a leg to stand on to start slagging the new one off. Living up the the originals is an impossible task, it's merely a case of how badly they get it wrong.

Ian_C

Jedi Master
He's be thinking - rightfully so as well - that Jar Jar isn't as bad as blatantly naming a character and having multiple references on that character pointing to the Beastie Boys. ;)

Ian

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
He's probably thinking thank god I'm out of this, at the age of 70 odd sitting on the $4.3 billion he sold the rights for.

BlueDog

Sith Lord
They could name a character after the ****en Wiggles and it would never be as bad as Jar Jar.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I get the impression he was happy to walk away from it - he's mentioned several times he got sick of fan boys.

He should take great comfort in knowing that he created something that has and will changed the face of Modern/Pop Culture forever, good or bad.

Nothing will ever have the same impact as the OT but it might be just as thrilling to watch.

Joe

Grand Master
BlueDog said:
They could name a character after the ****en Wiggles and it would never be as bad as Jar Jar.

:lol:

They are more suited to Star Trek though..if only they were all red shirts!

hqdefault.jpg

Ian_C

Jedi Master
SublevelStudios said:
I get the impression he was happy to walk away from it - he's mentioned several times he got sick of fan boys.

He should take great comfort in knowing that he created something that has and will changed the face of Modern/Pop Culture forever, good or bad.

Nothing will ever have the same impact as the OT but it might be just as thrilling to watch.

Agreed 100% with every word in this post, although I cast doubt on the last line. Wonder if I'm related to Lucas though considering how much I am on his side with the first line. :)

Ian

Grant

Sith Lord
Lucas will want it to be a success. It's was originally his baby so he will want it to live on no matter who working it now.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Grant said:
Lucas will want it to be a success. It's was originally his baby so he will want it to live on no matter who working it now.

I think (and hope) this is the case as well. He'll forever be associated with Star Wars so surely he'll be hoping things don't completely bomb. It's got a good chance too, the age of the Superhero movie must be coming to an end now, so perhaps the Space opera will come to power next.

Leemcl

Jedi Master
16 years on from TPM & I still can't figure out how they made such a mess of the film. It was so bad that it backed the next two films into a wall & they suffered too as a result.

Everyone has a rationale for why they were so bad, but to me it centers on Anikin being too young in part 1, which made him too young in the next two films too.

That aside as chief Lucas has to be responsible for the awful prequels in equal measure as he is for the originals. And I would assume TFA being a success is something he wants ( and to a degree needs)

Lee Bullock

Jedi Knight
Lucas massively lost perspective - he made a big mistake writing and directing the prequels, Star Wars was at its best when more talented writers and directors took the helm - Empire Strikes Back being the case in point. He is a great ideas man and conceptualist but as an actual film maker? No, he is mediocre at best. He became a victim of his own ego in my opinion and made the mistake of not recognising what he is good at and not good at.

Lucas is not a sacred cow and he is not the embodiment of Star Wars. Star Wars is now a global cultural phenomena and it was about time better film makers were allowed to reinvigorate the franchise. I would sooner have a deep, character-driven movie without Lucas' involvement than one with him that is limping home.

I respect Lucas for what he achieved but I am tired of the deification of him.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
And here's a new video interview with George Lucas so you can see what he's thinking!

http://collider.com/george-lucas-star-wars-7-force-awakens-directing/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=collidersocial

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom