Luke's Appearance in TFA Trailer

mumbo

Sith Lord
I keep reading and have spoken to several people about Luke's non appearance in the new trailers (except his voice and arm) yet I'm left scratching my head as I am convinced he is in the latest trailer albeit for a very short time (for 1 second at 1m 3s). Are people just not seeing this?????? or am I missing the point and people are aware but because it's so short they are dismissing it..................... or worse still am I completely wrong and it's not Luke :oops:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah it is Luke but the thing is its the same clip as in the second teaser so nothing new. From the spoilers I've read he's hardly in the film at all, last couple of scenes perhaps and most the film is about finding him?

mumbo

Sith Lord
Ok great so I wasn't wrong at least :)

I dont know what all the fuss is about with the media banging on about his non appearance, he's bloody in the trailers!!!

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Yep, it's Luke with R2

As said, looks like he's only in it towards the end, setting up for the next instalment. :D

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
Yep, it's Luke with R2

As said, looks like he's only in it towards the end, setting up for the next instalment. :D

Probably Mike, all set up for it to be an ESB style movie with Luke taking Yodas role as he trains someone, maybe the guy who has his lightsaber from ESB :D

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes, my thoughts.

I know the films are not following EU lines, but an academy of sorts on the cards moving forwards :?: Luke the master
That's the great thing, let your imagination run, then watch the film...awesome 8) 8)

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
Just had an odd theory on why Luke Skywalker hasn't been seen in any trailers except for his hand/voice.....what if he's Kylo Ren?

The whole "I will fulfill our destiny" line could go back to the Emperor's speech in the throne room in Return of the Jedi!

Could also explain the more moody looking Han in the trailers.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Tell you what is interesting is the theory that Darth Plagueis in Kilo Rens master. :shock:

_Lee_

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
Tell you what is interesting is the theory that Darth Plagueis in Kilo Rens master. :shock:

I myself have thought this, especially as Palpatine told Anakin in ROTS that he could stop people from dying. Whos to say that Palpatine mistakenly thought that he had killed DP off???

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
_Lee_ said:
theforceuk said:

I myself have thought this, especially as Palpatine told Anakin in ROTS that he could stop people from dying. Whos to say that Palpatine mistakenly thought that he had killed DP off???

I hope we're right, probably not though. :lol:

Joe

Grand Master
It wasn't until that rumour came about recently that I even looked at the Darth Plagueis back story, I must be one of those OT snobs :lol:

I'll admit that it's quite an interesting tale due to it involving the Emperor murdering him to take complete control and what not but I don't know that it's THAT interesting that it would warrant writing him in to the TFA script, given the fact that his only real mention was in one of the prequels.

I don't think anyones got a single assumption about TFA correct yet tbh! Some of the fan boy theories are incredible though, especially the Luke is Kylo Ren thing..you should read some of them! :shock:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Think it's a good bet that the OT story line will have been referenced here, to give...

Siblings separated in early years, and refinding their identities
Those identities leading to links to key characters from OT ( Han, Leia, Luke)
Possible sibling differing paths ( good/evil) Kylo Ren searching for Sith/ jedi artefacts linked to Vader ( "Kylo I am yor grandfather ":lol: )
Lukes bespin saber initially being the draw for main characters ( searching for it...bad guys, protecting it...good guys)
Luke doing a Yoda on a planet where he is contemplating his mistakes, culpability for something disastrous involving jedi ( academy destruction?) and being found towards the end of TFA, setting up the next instalment.

Conjecture and supposition is rife, we can all let our imaginations run riot, in the end it doesn't really matter.....we are all getting a chance to watch a new film which is awesome 8) and we will watch the start, the music will kick in, hairs will stand up on tha back of our necks and....Bingo " Star Wars Fans.....we're home!" 8) 8) 8)

DARTH VADER

Jedi Knight
Whatever the twist and turns...I am hopeful that this set of films will be closer to the original trilogy in character and atmosphere...the prequels were good in their own right...but far from the character of the 1977-1983 saga. Real sets...familiar faces...what more could we wish for..?

Joe

Grand Master
_Lee_ said:
theforceuk said:

It's looking like the Plagueis theory may well be right after all! Apparently the score for "Snoke" off of the TFA soundtrack ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSQ3BJVMfAI ) is a pretty good match for the music playing in the background in ROTS when Palpatine is telling Anakin about Plagueis..

What do you guys think?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah good theory, it certainly looks more like Snoke is Plagueis. The fact he looks like he might have been dead and has been resurrected also throws some weight behind this theory. The matching music is cool. :wink: 8)

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
The story of Darth Plagueis as told by Palpatine at the opera is my fave sequence in ROTS, and if you told me he was going to be the big bad in the sequel trilogy I would have said great!

However the actual execution of Snoke, rendered as a CG character is the one area that THE FORCE AWAKENS **** the bed. What were they thinking? It's basically a humanoid character with scarring, they could have easily had an actor in prosthetics play the character. The crappy CG face reminds me of one of those awful monsters from I AM LEGEND. Such a shame they went this route, after making massive practical creatures like the giant pig, why they made Snoke CG (and bad CG at that) I will never know.

The one hope I have is that Snoke is seen as a hologram and perhaps the director of VIII manages to improve Snoke for the next movie, ideally by using an actual actor to play him.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Joe said:
_Lee_ said:
theforceuk said:

It's looking like the Plagueis theory may well be right after all! Apparently the score for "Snoke" off of the TFA soundtrack ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSQ3BJVMfAI ) is a pretty good match for the music playing in the background in ROTS when Palpatine is telling Anakin about Plagueis..

What do you guys think?

Agreed Joe. The music is the voice of 8D8 being torn apart for scrap :)lol

Nah, seriously i think Snoke is Plageuis. Its definately a valid plot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom