Do you think the rumours about Han dying in TFA are true ?

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
So this is a pretty well established rumour but who thinks there's any truth in it ? I think there's a fair chance it could be true as Harrison Ford has always maintained that he wanted Han Solo knocked off at the end of ROTJ.

Do you think he only signed up to this film on the proviso that his character does get killed off ?

Any evidence to support this ? There's the new Han Solo films exploring his earlier life. It looks like Finn and Chewie are paired together in various marketing items. Is Finn going to take over piloting the Falcon ?

Personally, I don't want to see Han die. Having one of my childhood heroes killed off has spooked me enough that I'm not committing to this film until I know for sure.

elcroz

Padawan
I hope he does get killed... And Han is my favourite! Han was awesome in Star Wars & Empire but by ROTJ he was not the same guy. People can argue it's his story arc, rogue to team player etc but he was not the same, it's like Harrison Ford was playing The Diet Coke of Han Solo.
Not to sound awful but just as well kill the character off now before Harrison decides to resume his flying career! Otherwise the opening crawl to episode 8 will end with ... Btw Han died.

Leemcl

Jedi Master
Massive risk with this Storyline.

The nostalgia is a big part of the anticipation. Getting everyone on a high and excited and then killing off the biggest star in the franchise is a very dangerous move

Maybe they have to do it to advance the story, but almost no one watching that film is going to want to see Han die. No way no how.

The only similar experience I can think of is Spock in Star Trek 2. And as effective as that was the Studio ultimately reversed that decision too !

sith-smith

Grand Master
I really hope none of them die.

It was tough enough when Ben died, but that was only the first film and at least he wasn't fully gone.

There'd be no Han spirit guiding people if he goes.

If his character is minor then there's no need to kill him off, he just doesn't need to be in any further sequels.

I would be really bummed out if anyone left from the OT is killed!! :(

Lee Bullock

Jedi Knight
If Han dies I think it adds REAL gravitas to the movie - the heroes journey always had the principle that with victory comes sacrifice.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
I think Chewie may go, therefore leaving Han devastated. I also think that Finn may be descended from Lando aswell, dont ask me why as its just a thought of mine. There has to be a twist somewhere...

Joe

Grand Master
An american friend on FB is adamant that it's going to be Luke that dies and not Han and that's the reason he's not in much of the footage we've seen so far.

His thought process was this: In the scene with Luke stretching out his hand to R2 (first trailer?) you see fire and it's night time, which matches the Kylo Ren /Flametrooper scenes..it's possible he dies then and becomes one with the force like Ben did..leading the new characters spiritually throughout the movie(s).

Might just be bollocks though :lol: :lol:

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
That would make more sense as the mentor has died in each of the first films of the other trilogies. That would also enable Hamill to continue on in the next film (he's already credited in IMDB). If this did happen then I may be able to tolerate going to see the film :)

Chico

Jedi Knight
When i saw the 'leaked' image of Luke on set a while back i did think at the time it reminded me of jedi 'spirit' ben and yoda... could be!

(http://media.melty.com/article-4183-fb-f1439560174/star-wars-episode-vii-the-force-awakens-revival.jpg)

There have been so many speculated plotlines, someone somewhere has it right. I just can't wait!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I reckon Han dies in Episode 7, purely because I think H.Ford would only agree to do the film if they killed him off. Remember the early stages he was the one origional cast member who was reluctant, according to the media anyway.

I think the fire scene is at the start of the film is on Jakku, their going after Finn as he crash lands their and the first order go after him. This might be when you see the Tie-Fighters at sunset? Rey's village get's burnt to the ground looking for him?

Probably all wrong.

Mark Hamill has been seen filming Episode 8 I think?

lejackal

Grand Master
I think s/he definitely does/n't die/live/explode/kill him/her/them and then become the new Jedi/Sith/Emperor/Droid/smuggler/mining colony chief.

There must be a plot line somewhere in all of that :wink:

tundra9

Sith Lord
I say Poe Dameron bites it, looks more like him in the rey crying scene.
Although makes sense if chewie dies, he can barely walk, probably can't walk at all for much longer.

Bootyhunter

Jedi Master
Chico said:
When i saw the 'leaked' image of Luke on set a while back i did think at the time it reminded me of jedi 'spirit' ben and yoda... could be!

(http://media.melty.com/article-4183-fb-f1439560174/star-wars-episode-vii-the-force-awakens-revival.jpg)

!

Also could they be the cameras to capture a 'hologram' type effect?

RifleSmile

Jedi Knight
I think this is Han's swansong.

Its clear from trailers / tv spots that he has a MAJOR role in this movie (unlike Luke) - I think it makes sense that he goes but that he does so in style.

Its interesting to see that he appears to be the "mentor" figure in this one...

afsupplies

Padawan
Looking at the merch available so far it does seem that Han isn't going to last long. All the Millenium Falcon based toys have Chewie and Finn packaged with it. I think only the Lego set has Han.

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
Whilst he's still alive, I'd like him to be bumped off - heroically. It'd be awful if he crashed another plane and his absence would have to be explained away or using CGI.. that would be awful. Or his health deteriorated and he was a gibbering wreck. Lets have him fly the falcon into the side of something to win the day. I'd like to see Chewie team up with Rey & Finn, or Rey, Finn & Poe. That would be a nice continuity.

CRAZYHAZY

Jedi Master
That's not chewie rey is crying over. ...what you think looks like fur it ain't

If you look at it its an optical illusion. The fur is actually grass or shrubs just behind the body. You can see it on both sides if you look closely

. Think Han gets it imo. And when you see chewie detonate something ...that's chewie really pissed off at something.

theslider

Sith Lord
Could be that Han dies and Chewie gets pissed off and takes down the Empire ship with him in it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom