Do talkative/loud fellow cinema goers annoy you?

Joe

Grand Master
As excited as I am to see the new movie..I have a horrible feeling that I'm going to be sat next to (or at least..very close to) people that are going to natter and ask their partners/friends stupid ****ing questions the entire film. (And if my other half insists on talking or asking me anything I'm going to just find an empty seat somewhere else)

I really can't stand it when people talk or want to chat during a film I really want to watch..and I really want to watch TFA!

Carry on.. #antisocial :mrgreen:

Hothrebel

Jedi Master
The simple answer is Yes
Why pay to go to the cinema and then talk all the ****ing way through .Also wankers that piss about on their mobile phones.
It makes my blood boil. :evil: :evil:

tundra9

Sith Lord
Worst thing about going to the movies imo, so I am waiting a few days after the premiere to go see it, fewer people, less irritation.
Was thinking of waiting for the bluray release so I could watch it at home, alone and just soak it in, but that would mean no socializing or internet for what, 6 months more? Too big of a feat for me :p

Bootyhunter

Jedi Master
Any noise other than the film annoys the hell out of me even people crunching nachos!!
And don't get me started on people who think they can put their feet on the back of my seat :evil:

iDrew

Padawan
It annoys the crap out of me :x I go to see the film, not listen to you :x And relax..

That's one of the reasons I am going to a screening for the new film during the school / work day. 6 tickets are sold so far :D

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Go and see it at the iMax. Me and the Mrs went to see spectre today. It's so frigging loud you won't hear other people nattering, even if they are speaking at normal volume!

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Yes. It's why I very rarely go to the cinema any more. Luckily I live near the Media museum in Bradford which has the Pictureville cinema, which usually consists of an audience who actually 2ant to see/hear a film.

One of the last times I went to an Odeon my Missus had to make it clear what she'd do to a group of lasses if they didn't shut the **** up. :shock: They shut the **** up! :lol:

elcroz

Padawan
Never watch a movie in Venezuela. I watched the movie 'Traffic' in Caracas and I have never seen so much disregard for other people in my life.
Blatant loud chatting on phones, loud chatting to each other, up and down out off their seats.
You could not say they went to the cinema to get out of the rain - it was gorgeous weather outside!!
I will never forget how loud and rude that audience was.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Joe said:
And if my other half insists on talking or asking me anything I'm going to just find an empty seat somewhere else

Now that made me laugh out loud. I am dragging my wife along to the screening first thing in the morning. She's hardly a willing volunteer but she needs to be indoctrinated. I forced her to watch Avengers Assemble and she loved that which only goes to prove what I've always said: I know best :D

However, she has a very annoying habit of asking questions throughout a film, start to finish. I have explained there will be zero conversation during the film otherwise I'll be asking an usher to remove her.

She thinks I'm joking.

lejackal

Grand Master
I worked in cinemas for around 5 years, everything from projectionist ( when we still had to handle reels ) to usher and selling tickets so have probably seen it all, and yes in the furthest darkest corners of the auditorium I do mean ALL

It did wind me up as if someone refuses to leave you are actually pretty powerless to do anything about it, these days as a punter I can be a little more colourful with advice on what to do with the phone.

And then there's the ****tard parents that are too stupid/selfish to understand just because its a 12A and you can technically take your toddler it certainly doesn't make it right!

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
lejackal said:
And then there's the ****tard parents that are too stupid/selfish to understand just because its a 12A and you can technically take your toddler it certainly doesn't make it right!

/\/\/\ This! King Kong and Jurassic World (to name but two) were ruined by selfish parents with traumatised toddlers. The one in Jurassic World was in a pushchair and cried pretty much throughout, but the parents stayed in :roll:

x-pack

Grand Master
elcroz said:
Never watch a movie in Venezuela. I watched the movie 'Traffic' in Caracas and I have never seen so much disregard for other people in my life.
Blatant loud chatting on phones, loud chatting to each other, up and down out off their seats.
You could not say they went to the cinema to get out of the rain - it was gorgeous weather outside!!
I will never forget how loud and rude that audience was.

This gave me a flashback to seeing whatever Bond film it was that came out in 2003 in a cinema in Bangalore, India. It was mental but a really great atmosphere. Normally I hate inconsiderate people in the cinema so much that i want to actually kill them with their ****ing Doritos and popcorn! Seriously, it brings out the Jekyll & Hyde in me. But this was really cool. I remember a friend telling me about seeing Ghostbusters in the US when it came out and the audience were cheering at the end and really laughing outloud at the funny scenes. It was kind of like that - a fun experience.

These days we rarely go to the pictures because it's so expensive. I haven't experienced really noisy people in there for years but if I did then by jove!... :twisted:

kieatky

Jedi Master
I love my girlfriend with all my heart but she's an absolute pain in the arse when we go to the cinema, if she isn't asking a hundred and one questions about what's going on she's munching through a huge box of bloody pop corn :x . I always make sure she's sitting to my left coz I've got dodgy hearing on my left side, at least it drowns out some of the noise. :D

Ian_C

Jedi Master
x-pack said:
I remember a friend telling me about seeing Ghostbusters in the US when it came out and the audience were cheering at the end and really laughing outloud at the funny scenes. It was kind of like that - a fun experience.

In all honesty, the last time I remember a VERY loud crowd was for The Phantom Menace. Opening night, the theater erupted with cheers at the end when the Trade Federation ship was destroyed. Where did those people go?

I don't go to the movies often, but I have heard applause at the end on occasion. It's usually polite and subdued though. Last time it happened was at Jurassic World.

kieatky said:
I love my girlfriend with all my heart but she's an absolute pain in the arse when we go to the cinema, if she isn't asking a hundred and one questions about what's going on she's munching through a huge box of bloody pop corn :x .

Hey, you been teleporting my wife to UK cinemas? Sounds EXACTLY like her. :(

Ian

x-pack

Grand Master
Ian_C said:
x-pack said:
I remember a friend telling me about seeing Ghostbusters in the US when it came out and the audience were cheering at the end and really laughing outloud at the funny scenes. It was kind of like that - a fun experience.

In all honesty, the last time I remember a VERY loud crowd was for The Phantom Menace. Opening night, the theater erupted with cheers at the end when the Trade Federation ship was destroyed. Where did those people go?

I'm amazed they cared enough to cheer :wink:

Ian_C

Jedi Master
x-pack said:
Ian_C said:
x-pack said:

I'm amazed they cared enough to cheer :wink:

Well, I'm not trying to beleaguer the point, but in 1999 there was massive hype, and at least on opening day, hype trumped satisfaction with the film itself. The hate built up over time.

Seeing that hype repeat itself almost exactly for the new one is what is causing a lot of my frustration with the hobby these days and fuels many of my anti-TFA posts. It remains to be seen if the way it received after a few months of release also follows the TPM pattern...

Ian

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
I saw TPM on opening night in New York, and there was massive applause at the end. There was cheering at various points such as the intro of R2 and Maul getting killed.

Also saw ROTS opening night in Leicester Square and the atmosphere was even better.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yep I refuse to go to comedy's at the cinema, it drives me crazy. I prefer to watch films at home if possible.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom