Thoughts on prep for TFA.

Nialzzz

Hi guys,

Please excuse me if this post isn't completely appropriate to this section, but I thought I would fire out a quick question, being that I'm extremely new to the forum (first post).

Anyway, I seldom get to watch the saga (RotS being bearable as far as I'm concerned), and I'm planning to force -'scuse the pun- the series on the Mrs prior to TFA.

My plan is to watch 2 a week over the coming 3 in the "Machete" format. The order however doesn't lend itself to watching TPM.

What are people's thoughts on the Machete order AND the preclusion of TPM in the series?

I have to be honest, the Reddit thread regarding JarJar sith theory has somewhat improved my regard of film.

Thoughts?

Carl Waterworth

Jedi Master
I have watched TPM, AOTC, Clone Wars season 1-6, ROTS,Droids, Rebels season 1 ANH, ESB and just have to sit down and watch ROTJ. ...and what a marathon its been!

I know people have issues with the prequel trilogy, but there still are some good aspects and I think they are worth watching. Some of the story arcs of the clone wars were fantastic :)

chiffy

Sith Lord
Personally i tried to ' force ' my kids to watch all 6 before they see TFA in 20 days time but they kept making excuses and realising that i was there age once and knowiing they have other agendas, we all settled on just watching ROTJ together so they at least knew whats what. 1 of my lads loved it and has since watched all the others but the 2 girls yapped thru it as if it was a teenage soap on the Disney channel! My eldest lad just said " no chance " even tho' he's coming with us to watch the new 1 so i would suggest the 3 originals at the most or just Jedi the bare minimum then at least it follows on and you don't even have to mention Jar Jar :D

Lee Bullock

Jedi Knight
I think chronological order kills the pathos of the Vader/Father reveal. IMO a newcomer to the saga should see it - 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3. Then 7!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I watched the prequels in order last month. I don't need to re-watch the OT, I know them word for word :)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Lee Bullock said:
I think chronological order kills the pathos of the Vader/Father reveal. IMO a newcomer to the saga should see it - 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3. Then 7!

Agreed, just because they are prequels doesn't mean you need to watch them first. They ruin a lot of the OT.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom