Todays the day....

_Lee_

Sith Lord
All,

As most know, im a bit of a naysayer with the new movie. I wont be watching it even though i tried to push myself into watching it. Unfortunately it wont be happening.

However, i would just like to say that i hope you all have a great time seeing TFA tonight and tommorow. I really do hope that it turns out to be what you all wanted and that you leave the cinema happy. Dont let people who are not up for it alter your minds or upset you, and lets just realise that we all have differing opinions.

On a last note, i would like to personally congratulate the whole forum on a great year and lead up to TFA. Edd has reached the 10 year mark with this place which is fantastic. Id also like to give a huge pat on the back to the podcast team Rich,Grant,Pete, Jez, Stuart and Ben on a great year of podcasts and hope that it can escalate even further. Another huge thanks to Mike Sith who personifies what this forum is all about with his artful gifts.

Now go watch TFA and enjoy yourself :D

MTFBWY

Lee

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Great post Lee, as you say we all have our own opinions , life would be boring if we didn't and the forum is a better place for its members posting honestly and warts n all!
I'm sure there will be lots of differing reviews, but for me the thrill of the event, the fact I'm sharing a joint event with my son at midnight, and the whole excitement of the event is awesome, sooo looking forward to it :D

Merry Christmas :D

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Nice Lee, thanks for the kind words with regards to podcast we appreciate it x

Question though - if everyone and I mean everyone comes out praising the **** out of this film and stating that it's the best thing since Empire, will you weaken and go and see it and if enjoy it admit it to is all.

Same question to Ian C.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Stuart,

No probs bud, you guys do a great job :D

About the new film, this is part of a post i just made in another thread:

'On another note, my lad came home from school today asking if we are going :eek: he has been mad on Marvel for the past few months but Star Wars has been the talk of the school playground this week. Whether i like if or not, i have to take him. I said i wouldnt be going but i cant let him down....'

I swear to you that if my mind is changed that i will admit it. Mate, ive been through divorce,depression and much worse things and am man enough to admit im wrong-its a movie and theres harder decisions to make in life.

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Stuart Skinner said:
Question though - if everyone and I mean everyone comes out praising the **** out of this film and stating that it's the best thing since Empire, will you weaken and go and see it and if enjoy it admit it to is all.

Same question to Ian C.

I don't want to spend much time replying to this, as I've given my thoughts on this elsewhere, but the answer is no.

Not all reviews have been glowing. I know everything that happens already, as spoilers weren't a concern for me, and the (few) negative reviews are 100% in line with my thoughts on what I know. I'm as stubborn as they come, and there is zero chance I will be paying one cent towards this film myself. I have told the wife she can take the kids if they want to go. One day, I'll likely see it on TV, and at that time, if my feelings have changed, I'll admit it, but my own feelings are not based on the movie itself, but rather being a Lucas purist who refuses to see anything SW not made by him. Then, the spoilers didn't help. What many reviews see as a positive, I see as a negative (that I'll go into in much more detail once posting spoilers is okay).

Hope this answers the question.

Enjoy the film everyone! Sincerely.

Ian

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Ian_C said:
Stuart Skinner said:

Same question to Ian C.

I don't want to spend much time replying to this, as I've given my thoughts on this elsewhere, but the answer is no.

Not all reviews have been glowing. I know everything that happens already, as spoilers weren't a concern for me, and the (few) negative reviews are 100% in line with my thoughts on what I know. I'm as stubborn as they come, and there is zero chance I will be paying one cent towards this film myself. I have told the wife she can take the kids if they want to go. One day, I'll likely see it on TV, and at that time, if my feelings have changed, I'll admit it, but my own feelings are not based on the movie itself, but rather being a Lucas purist who refuses to see anything SW not made by him. Then, the spoilers didn't help. What many reviews see as a positive, I see as a negative (that I'll go into in much more detail once posting spoilers is okay).

Hope this answers the question.

Enjoy the film everyone! Sincerely.

Ian

You are lucky Ian, my wife wont take my lad to see a nerd film as she calls it. Ill just have to grin and bare it.

Ian_C

Jedi Master
LOL Lee, that's okay though. Maybe it ends up not being what we expect. I know that you know as much as I do about it, so just try to not think about what we are critical of, and just enjoy the effects, which by all accounts will be spectacular. If you see it with a big crowd, maybe some of their buzz will rub off on you too. 8)

Ian

sith-smith

Grand Master
Fair play to those of you who don't want to see it.

Personally i can't wait for the next 2hrs 15 mins to pass!!

Though I am actually nervous as much as I am excited by it all!! :?

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
Ian_C said:
I'm as stubborn as they come, and there is zero chance I will be paying one cent towards this film myself.

You're a good dude, Ian, and I always say live and let live, but this type of stubbornness may cause you to miss out on a lot more that life has to offer than just a movie like TFA. My two cents as your friend.

TEEBO1979

Padawan
Just got back from seeing the movie and thought it was excellent. Goes along way in wiping out the embrassment of the prequels.
On a personal note could of gone with a few Ewoks LOL.

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
TEEBO1979 said:
Just got back from seeing the movie and thought it was excellent. Goes along way in wiping out the embrassment of the prequels.
On a personal note could of gone with a few Ewoks LOL.

No Ewoks? Spoiler!!!!!!!!

yoda

Sith Lord
Just in from watching the movie. All year I tried my best to avoid anything about the TFA but always ended up hearing or seeing small bits here and there. I went in with an open mind as I feel the last 3 were a mess. Nothing will ever recreate the buzz those first ones I grew up watching every xmas on TV gave me. The cinema was a rarity for me :)
Have to say I am glad I went today by myself to see it. I am heading with the mate on wed as he wants to see it during the week. It did stir up old feelings again when watching but for me it will always be the originals. I know some of you guys don't feel like watching TFA but if you ever do I think you will enjoy it in its own way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom