Header image

Talk about new Star Wars movie, do not read if you have NOT seen it

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Talk about new Star Wars movie, do not read if you have NOT seen it

Postby Palifan » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:26 am

For me if you were going to stop after the original trilogy I'd probably say after episode V :o

Mr. Tie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Mr. Tie » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:26 am

Palifan wrote:For me if you were going to stop after the original trilogy I'd probably say after episode V :o

Wouldn't miss the epic final battle... :D
“Would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?!”

http://i.giphy.com/jpmSERAYR23YI.gif

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Palifan » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:38 pm

Mr. Tie wrote:
Palifan wrote:For me if you were going to stop after the original trilogy I'd probably say after episode V :o

I know, it would suck if it really did end with ESB, talk about unfinished business :lol:
I do think however that the Jedi was the beginning of the end for me with the way things were going. It's certainly not a bad film or anything like that but it just lost it's way for me and I find the whole whole Jabba part way to long and unnecessary to the plot really (although we did need to see how Han got back with the group), not to even mention those teddy bears! Maybe a better word for it is unfocused in places (like pretty much all of the prequels), and could have been made to work better as a whole.

Still, as you say we did get that great final battle between Luke and Darth as well as the space battle. I know it's not all that bad but I just remember coming out of the cinema in 83 and not having that buzz about it.

Ian

Mr. Tie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Mr. Tie » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:30 pm

Palifan wrote:
Mr. Tie wrote:

I know, it would suck if it really did end with ESB, talk about unfinished business :lol:
I do think however that the Jedi was the beginning of the end for me with the way things were going. It's certainly not a bad film or anything like that but it just lost it's way for me and I find the whole whole Jabba part way to long and unnecessary to the plot really (although we did need to see how Han got back with the group), not to even mention those teddy bears! Maybe a better word for it is unfocused in places (like pretty much all of the prequels), and could have been made to work better as a whole.

Still, as you say we did get that great final battle between Luke and Darth as well as the space battle. I know it's not all that bad but I just remember coming out of the cinema in 83 and not having that buzz about it.

Ian

You are right, Ian. ROTJ is a bit unfocused and those Ewoks are terrible, guess they better could have focused on the emperor's story and the relation between Luke and Vader.

Although TFA is not all too bad, it's my opinion that the story line is thin and sometimes unfocused. After watching it I got the feeling that they had put together the movie with several elements from the first original movies. A cheap feeling I must admit. I hope for a better sequal with a more developed story line and more character development. But to be honest, Disney can still destroy the whole franchise. It's big money that rules the world... :cry:

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Palifan » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:16 pm

I also feel that now the first film of the new trilogy is out of the way they will have the chance to go a bit deeper with the series. It must have a been such a difficult task to try and please 3 different age groups at the same time (Original trilogy, Prequel and then new viewers), it does make me see why the took the approach they did. I really wasn't sure on a lot of it the first time around but as so many have said the second viewing was just pure entertainment without the stress of seeing which direction they were going to go in.

I've recently been listening to these podcasts that are very good and gives a different point of view on the story elements of all of these films. They feel quite unbiased and opened my eyes to a few things ( it's where I got the word unfocused from to refer to some parts of the series as it seemed to sum it up just right). If you get the time I think they're worth a listen :D

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28523

Ian

Mr. Tie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Mr. Tie » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:37 pm

Palifan wrote:I also feel that now the first film of the new trilogy is out of the way they will have the chance to go a bit deeper with the series. It must have a been such a difficult task to try and please 3 different age groups at the same time (Original trilogy, Prequel and then new viewers), it does make me see why the took the approach they did. I really wasn't sure on a lot of it the first time around but as so many have said the second viewing was just pure entertainment without the stress of seeing which direction they were going to go in.

I've recently been listening to these podcasts that are very good and gives a different point of view on the story elements of all of these films. They feel quite unbiased and opened my eyes to a few things ( it's where I got the word unfocused from to refer to some parts of the series as it seemed to sum it up just right). If you get the time I think they're worth a listen :D

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28523

Ian

True words Ian, I must keep an unbiased mind and maybe a second time the movie feels better than the first time. I recently watched the prequels AOTC and ROTS (Phantom will always be sh!t) because I couldn't remember them as too bad. Maybe we must not compare them at all, although there are some flaws. I will listen to these podcasts, thanks mate!

Frank

Return to “Star Wars Films”