Header image

Talk about new Star Wars movie, do not read if you have NOT seen it

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
naughtyjedi
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Talk about new Star Wars movie, do not read if you have NOT seen it

Postby naughtyjedi » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:56 pm

Dantooine wrote: It drags in the same way that the trash compactor sequence is now a bit boring after watching it 100 times.

what?

what?

WHAT?

Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Michael Sith » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:03 pm

Ian, I second that.

Be a shame to lose a member so early on, draw a line under it :?:

Hope so anyway
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:04 pm

Jez wrote:Why don't we lock this one up and start again eh?

You can't lock this thread down, it's gonna catch up with latest acquisitions! :lol:
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

Ian_C
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Ian_C » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:07 pm

Jez, I'm not blaming any one person at all. Not even those most vocal against me. It's an overall feeling from multiple people. I'd rather not be here causing trouble than upsetting people, and that's the truth. I'm opinionated, and said that right from the "welcome" thread I got when I arrived here a few months back. I just didn't expect this level of backlash.

Cheers, and I hope everyone has a good Christmas.

Ian
I've paid my dues
Time after time.
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime.
And bad mistakes ‒
I've made a few.
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face
But I've come through.

Come visit us - www.tantivexi.com

_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby _Lee_ » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:27 pm

You aint going anywhere Mr C :D Good thing here is that we can fall out here and theres hardly ever a grudge kept. No one wants you to leave, trust me. Opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one. Man, im coming round to TFA more, especially as Sonny has gone mad on it but that doesnt make me a superfan. Differing opinions make the world go round. Jez stated his opiniin, and worded it well but its his opinion and thats it. It isnt gospel to the forum as a whole and it doesnt mean that what any one person says is right. Some love the new film,some half like it-others hate it, thats the way of the world and i myself even think that some people are getting way too protective of it - its a film ffs!!! Not real life !!!

Peace out :D
Vintage toys ,prop and autograph collector and Luton Town FC supporter.
Also try to play guitar with the guy in my avatar as an inspiration!
JASON BECKER STILL THE BEST EVER AND STILL HERE DESPITE A.L.S.

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:37 pm

A bunch of grown men, who collect toys no less... acting like children, arguing over whether a film is good or not :lol: :lol: :lol:

Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Michael Sith » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:45 pm

We often as people may disagree,
Another's view may be hard to see.
Though honesty is admirable it may cause a stir,
But that shouldn't cause a point of view to deter.
A hobby we love , that's our common ground,
Where a reflection of life it can be found.
There is laughter and tears, disappointment and joy,
In our search for that Grail, or that illusive toy.
Let's all raise a glass, In the season of cheer,
And hopefully Ian you will still be here :wink:
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

db94
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby db94 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:33 pm

Ian - I haven't posting on here much lately, not feeling the love for TFA at all, in fact I regularly break in to random outbursts of swearing at home e.g. this morning I woke up uttering "stoopid fuckin JJ and his cock sucking James Bond cameo, how dare he force that on us, totally pulls you out of the SW universe when you realise it's Daniel Craig"

But after a nice cup of coffee I try not to let it bother me and come back on here and concentrate on vintage - I hear what you are saying about people reacting strangely when you don't throw your hands up and say you love it - everyone at work knows I'm a huge SW fan and getting bored off trying to justify why I don't like it.

As for participating on here - do not be put off, everyone is buzzing (ok we're not) and I am genuinely happy for the 99% that love it
(actually between you and me I think anyone that likes it is just a pussy and stupid and a JJ whore that loves, reboots and CGI so much they should get a room and have sex with it and have a reboot/CGI baby) and I enjoy reading about their actual reactions to the film as apposed to reading about the film.

Right I'm off to have a look at RS and see what they are saying
My vintage/modern collection viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14191

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:35 pm

Michael Sith wrote:We often as people may disagree,
Another's view may be hard to see.
Though honesty is admirable it may cause a stir,
But that shouldn't cause a point of view to deter.
A hobby we love , that's our common ground,
Where a reflection of life it can be found.
There is laughter and tears, disappointment and joy,
In our search for that Grail, or that illusive toy.
Let's all raise a glass, In the season of cheer,
And hopefully Ian you will still be here :wink:

Beautifully put, as always, Michael :)

Ian, believe it or not, I'm with you on this. I don't hold with the line you must love this film. Love it or don't, your choice and you're still a SW fan either way. And as for plot dissection I can't see what's wrong with that. OK, if you're going to be an interminable bore and compare and contrast the training of a Samurai with Finn's lightsabre experience I may not read to the end of your post, but otherwise crack on. This is a forum. People discuss stuff on forums, it's what they're here for. And this would be a boring arse thread if it was one big circle-jerk about how good TFA is. Especially as it's so goddam obvious how good it is ;)

That said, your love of the PT is more mistifying to me :lol:

Dantooine
Regular
Regular

Postby Dantooine » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:46 am

Ian_C wrote:I'm opinionated, and said that right from the "welcome" thread I got when I arrived here a few months back. I just didn't expect this level of backlash.

Ian

Well, if you're that opinionated you will have to deal with people not sharing your opinion, yes? From what I've read you slated the film before you saw it because of a loyalty to Lucas, and because of that you weren't going to see it anyhow. Most people would find that ridiculous (myself included), so I guess you have to understand a certain amount of criticism. You then saw the film, didn't like it, but that's fine, at least you had an informed opinion.

If you like the prequels surely you will have grown a thick enough skin by now!

On the whole this is a very friendly forum compared to most, and this thread is about the new movie, which really has nothing to do with the shared passion of this forum. Be silly to leave bacause use of it.

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:54 am

Robstyley wrote:A bunch of grown men, who collect toys no less... acting like children, arguing over whether a film is good or not :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:10 am

naughtyjedi wrote:
Dantooine wrote: It drags in the same way that the trash compactor sequence is now a bit boring after watching it 100 times.

what?

what?

WHAT?

Well said that man! How can anyone ever grow tired of this scene?! It's so iconic they even referenced it in TFA :)

Fishtalk
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Fishtalk » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:42 pm

Who knew a new Star Wars movie would cause such conflict amongst the fans? The Prequels were almost universally despised, those who like them are in the minority - here the opposite seems the case. So, some people were disappointed with TFA. So what? Lots of people don't like New Hope, I don't let that spoil my enjoyment.

I've seen TFA twice now, and while it's a competent, well acted film and I wasn't shifting in my seat with boredom or cringing with embarrassment like I was with the Prequels, to me something was missing and I'm not sure what it was. I don't hate it, far from it - it just didn't set my world alight like I'd hoped. Maybe that's because I'm now a cynical 47 year old man and not a wide eyed 10 year old.

Anyway, this is a temporary blip. Come the New year all will be forgiven and everyone will be back in the Vintage section talking about yellow bubbles and Vectis. Until then, Merry Christmas all!

DarthStanley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby DarthStanley » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:10 pm

Ian_C wrote:Jez, I'm not blaming any one person at all. Not even those most vocal against me. It's an overall feeling from multiple people. I'd rather not be here causing trouble than upsetting people, and that's the truth. I'm opinionated, and said that right from the "welcome" thread I got when I arrived here a few months back. I just didn't expect this level of backlash.

Ian

Ian,

If I don't see you posting here again within one week,then you'll leave me with no choice & I'll find out your personal email address & bombard it with pictures of me in a Borat lime green mankini until you start posting again! :o

If you're not afraid my hairy Canadian friend,YOU WILL BE,YOU WILL BE!!!! :lol:
"I don't give a fuck about your war or your president!" -Snake Plissken 1981

timbo72
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby timbo72 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:55 pm

Watched it today and i loved it, kinda guessed Han might buy it, but never really expected it.........was pretty shocked when he died. Loved bb-8, nice to see ackbar and nunb. I watched the OT and this film made me feel 7 again, way better than the last 3 and up there with the OT. 8.5/10
They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Return to “Star Wars Films”