*Spoilers* What are your thoughts on Max Von Sydow?

Joe

Grand Master
I was surprised that he had such a short scene and was killed off so quick, sure his role was important but we never even heard his name did we? I think a lot of people expected him to be a sith lord or some other interesting character with much more screen time than he did but I haven't heard anyone even mention him in reviews yet (forgettable?).

Any thoughts? Will he appear in the upcoming films in the form of flashbacks? Something to do with how he knew Luke, why he had part of the map etc etc?

itfciain

Grand Master
We were puzzling over that last night - I am guessing there will be more of 'Lukes Story' in the next film so he will have some part in that - so much for him being Boba Fett though

Joe

Grand Master
Haha, no definitely not Fett! Apparently his name is "Lor San Tekka"! Didn't hear it at the time but perhaps it wasn't mentioned? Oh well, I wasn't expecting much from him if I am honest but I think others were. Outside of his Ming performance I really don't know much about him but everyone was like "woah max von sydow!" so I kind of expected a Lee/Dooku kind of character!

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I think this is where the new canon material that's also out may help.

I haven't read any of it, but now it would really help to fill in the blanks and set the scene for a lot of the characters that eventually show up in the film. Who knows he may turn up in Rogue One next year? Disney does this with the Marvel stuff all the time, they're very good at the joined up thinking and I'm sure there's a reason his scene was so short. Mind you it wasn't as short as Luke's scene!! :roll:

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
I agree that Max Von Sydow's role was surprisingly small (wish he had been Snoke!). There's also this guy 'Constable Zuvio' who is one of the first 12 TFA action figures - he didn't appear in the movie at all as far as I can tell. Hopefully we might get an extended edition on blu ray, or at the very least some deleted scenes...

zuvio2.jpg

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I forgot about him. There's rumours that Simon Pegg played this character - must have been a bit pissed that he wasn't in the theatrical cut!

The Star Wars wiki lists Zuvio as appearing in the film, must have been a glimpse - maybe he'll be the Prune Face of TFA :D

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zuvio

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Joe said:
I really don't know much about him but everyone was like "woah max von sydow!"

He's best known as Father Merrin in The Exorcist. Other notable roles for our generation would be King Osiric, who hires Conan to retrieve his daughter in Conan the Barbarian, and the lead bad guy in Strange Brew. He was also apparently the voice of Vigo in Ghostbusters 2.

Ian

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Ian_C said:
Joe said:

He's best known as Father Merrin in The Exorcist. Other notable roles for our generation would be King Osiric, who hires Conan to retrieve his daughter in Conan the Barbarian, and the lead bad guy in Strange Brew. He was also apparently the voice of Vigo in Ghostbusters 2.

Ian

Don't forget Antonius Block from The Seventh Seal playing chess with Death (not Bill & Ted! :lol)
Ok it was the 1950's but an iconic image :D

rhyfelyser

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I saw Seventh seal years ago maybe 1996 in a local film festival. That was one film when i thought to myself when it ended "what the hell was all that about?". Ingmar Bergmann film.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
He's one of the legends of cinema. Guiness, Cushing, Lee, Sydow.

Got to have a multigenerational screen legend in a Star Wars film.

I thought that intro was great.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
stratpack said:
Ian_C said:
Joe said:

Ian

Don't forget Antonius Block from The Seventh Seal playing chess with Death (not Bill & Ted! :lol)
Ok it was the 1950's but an iconic image :D

He was in Dune as well.

winnebago88

Padawan
naughtyjedi said:
did we not see a tiny glimpse of Zuvio in the vision getting mowed down by the knights of ren?

This is the only part I noticed him in so I'm guessing that is it. Would it have been his hand pulling the childs arm also in the same vision?

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
I think he may have been a high-ranking officer in the Empire who took the map section and his on Jakku.

Kinda explains the 'we got the rest of the map from the Empires archives' line.

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
stratpack said:
I forgot about him. There's rumours that Simon Pegg played this character - must have been a bit pissed that he wasn't in the theatrical cut!

The Star Wars wiki lists Zuvio as appearing in the film, must have been a glimpse - maybe he'll be the Prune Face of TFA :D

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zuvio

I thought Simon Pegg was in the costume of the large creature that the girl who contacted The First Order was with. Wasn't there a pic/video of him in something like this release a few months before the release in a teaser?

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Ah, I must have missed the Pegg photo :)
Pretty amazing for a scifi fan like him to appear in both SW and Trek! Lucky fella!

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
Just read that Daniel Craig was the trooper Rey used the Jedi Mind Trick on....rotfl

"And I'll drop my rifle too" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom