Sorry but didn't like it (contains no spoilers)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
There is an entire section for discussion about the movie. Do you not think that would be a better place to post this? Lol

I'll move it for you.

Joe

Grand Master
I would have thought someone who signs up to a Star Wars forum with the name "Starwarsfan" would have enjoyed the best Star Wars movie in 32 years :lol:

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Hey, we've got that monster thread where most people are praising it. Maybe this one is a good idea for those of us not impressed, so we don't infringe upon the "fun" of the fans, and we can bitch about it ourselves about the least impressive SW movie in 38 years. ;)

Ian

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
image.jpeg

;)

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
Ian_C said:
Hey, we've got that monster thread where most people are praising it. Maybe this one is a good idea for those of us not impressed, so we don't infringe upon the "fun" of the fans, and we can bitch about it ourselves about the least impressive SW movie in 38 years. ;)

Ian

i thought you weren't going to watch it?

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
naughtyjedi said:
Ian_C said:

Ian

Agree - think you stated around 100 times in the last 6 months you would stay away, yet it took only 4 days for you to cave in.
Probably secretly loved it to and has purchased himself a Constable Zuvio action figure but he'll never admit it.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I think it's a good idea to have a thread where we can pull it apart. I have to say I'm really on the fence at the moment and can't see that changing. I walked out of the Cinema thinking I won't be rushing back to see that, but woke up in the morning wanting to see it again. I also have to say this forum is a good gage on how the hard core fans liked it so much and that's what JJ's job was to do, also all the normal people seem to like it. :)

yoda

Sith Lord
Stuart Skinner said:
naughtyjedi said:
Ian_C said:

Ian

Agree - think you stated around 100 times in the last 6 months you would stay away, yet it took only 4 days for you to cave in.
Probably secretly loved it to and has purchased himself a Constable Zuvio action figure but he'll never admit it.

That's what I love about the forum will can all have a laugh and bit of craic on here (not the hard stuff) :lol:

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Stuart Skinner said:
naughtyjedi said:

Well, if you guys had read the other threads first, I was dead set against it. My family convinced me to go. Part of it was also me getting tired of being dismissed for my opinions because "I wasn't there". Now, I've seen it, and you guys are STILL not happy. I've posted my criticisms in other threads, but if this is the "those who didn't like it" thread, I'll keep all further negativity in here. Just like I was lynched for being negative in the review thread, if someone is going to come into a thread designated to those who didn't like it, then that's doing the same back to me as I was accused of doing to everyone else.

Fact is, I did it mostly for my kids despite swearing I wouldn't (sue me), and my opinion didn't change a whole lot. However, since "seeing it" seems to be the difference in having a valid opinion or not, I just settled that argument. ;)

Ian

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Hey Ian,

You gave it a 5/10. Based on not seeing it you were going to give it a 2/10. That means you liked it 150% more than you thought. It also means you enjoyed as much of it as you hated.

Since everyone had such high expectations of the film I conclude that you must have enjoyed it most as your expectations of the film were exceeded far more than any other person ( even lee ).

;)

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Mr-shifter said:
Hey Ian,

You gave it a 5/10. Based on not seeing it you were going to give it a 2/10. That means you liked it 150% more than you thought. It also means you enjoyed as much of it as you hated.

Since everyone had such high expectations of the film I conclude that you must have enjoyed it most as your expectations of the film were exceeded far more than any other person ( even lee ).

;)

I see what you're doing. :)

Giving it a 5/10 is factoring in top notch special effects, and thinking parts like the score were just fine. I gave it high marks for plot - but that has a huge asterisk, as with it being total rehash, I'm judging it on a plot that I LOVED in the original movies. You'll see for originality, I gave it 1/10.

My overall enjoyability was greatly hampered by the parts I criticized. I tried to be as positive as I could be. A day later, I'm thinking the 5 is too high. Maybe 4/10, but I wasn't going to go back and change it.

Think of it like the Psycho remake. You can't hate on the plot, because it was a carbon copy of the original, and the original is a masterpiece. Therefore, you can't give it a 1/10 or 2/10, because there are elements that were great, even though most people would say that low score would be justified. However, people trash that remake because it lacked originality, it lacked any soul, and felt like it was pointless because it had already been done, and better the first time. That's how I see TFA. It gets that score from me because it had elements I appreciated - but hated the execution of it here.

This will be the first SW movie I will not buy for my home collection (I don't count that mess of a cartoon CW movie), and that saddens me more than anything else.

Ian

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Ian_C said:
Stuart Skinner said:
naughtyjedi said:

Well, if you guys had read the other threads first, I was dead set against it. My family convinced me to go. Part of it was also me getting tired of being dismissed for my opinions because "I wasn't there". Now, I've seen it, and you guys are STILL not happy. I've posted my criticisms in other threads, but if this is the "those who didn't like it" thread, I'll keep all further negativity in here. Just like I was lynched for being negative in the review thread, if someone is going to come into a thread designated to those who didn't like it, then that's doing the same back to me as I was accused of doing to everyone else.

Fact is, I did it mostly for my kids despite swearing I wouldn't (sue me), and my opinion didn't change a whole lot. However, since "seeing it" seems to be the difference in having a valid opinion or not, I just settled that argument. ;)

Ian

I think you have Rebelscum PTSD (that would be RSPTSD :D ).

Relax abit, every thread doesn't have to be a war.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom