Who is Rey? SPOILERS

S117

Youngling
Rey is a force sensitive being and is unusually strong in the force, there is no doubt about that. One of the main criticisms of TFA was how it was not clearly explained exactly how she was able to tap into the force so quickly.

- She had a vision of "The force" upon touching Anakin's saber.
- She defeated a semi-trained dark side user in lightsaber combat.
- She was able to force pull Anakin's saber away from Kylo.
- She mind tricked a stormtrooper into releasing her.
- She was able to resist Kylo's mind reading techniques.
- She has extraordinary piloting skills.

This got me thinking. As far as I know, Anakin is one of the few people who was able to tap into the force without proper training. This is clearly seen during Episode 1. Sure, people who are force sensitive are able to sense the force etc, but the vast majority of them are not able to tap into the force as quickly as Rey or even Anakin were.

During Episode 1, we are made aware that Anakin's extraordinary abilities are linked to him being conceived by the mediclorians. So, is it possible that Rey was aswell? We don't know anything about her family. Her "family" to whom she refers to may not be her "parents" (Aunt Beru/Uncle Owen type thing).

I've seen the movie twice, but I'm still trying to make sense of the character backstories. Just thought that this might be an interesting idea.

lejackal

Grand Master
She is also remarkably good with electronics, running repairs on the Falcon. Think Anakin in Ep1. My money is on Lukes daughter based on that and the X Wing pilot doll in her quarters as well as the helmet she puts on after eating.

Leemcl

Jedi Master
I'd initally suggest she is Leia and Han's daughter, but that Han did not know, maybe she was kept secret after the old dog had it away on his toes, otherwise how come he took to her so well & how come Leia, whom Rey had never met hugged her so much when Chewie was the one who needed a hug...

However, why hide a child when it would be kind of obvious to all that General Leia was pregnant etc etc ?

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Could it be conceivable that she is Leias daughter, but not Hans. How long has it been since they went their separate ways?

I have a feeling we may not see Luke and Rey again until ep 9. I am most likely totally wrong but its a theory I had the other day.

Im sure Disney will fill the gaps. Either by stand alone movie or by comic storyline.

Joe

Grand Master
Hoping she's not related to Luke although that seems the most plausible explanation. Would be nice if a main character wasn't related to another main character for once.. :lol:

jimmyp

Padawan
Its all explained here

Luke tells us who she is in the teaser trailer 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCc2v7izk8w

:)

S117

Youngling
Ugh. I don't want to think that Luke is Rey's father, but I can see the story heading in that direction. Talk about cliche! I too thought about her being Leia's daughter. The scenes together show that there does seem to be a connection.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Perhaps shes Luke and Leias daughter and their list continued, they hid her because they realised it was so wrong. It's their dirty little secret

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
who is it that calls out "rey" in her vision.. its right towards the end of the vision...

interesting

afsupplies

Padawan
naughtyjedi said:
who is it that calls out "rey" in her vision.. its right towards the end of the vision...

interesting
It's Obi-Wan but obviously she's too young to be his daughter. Unless he froze his sperm? My money is on her being Luke's daughter. She's got too much of that Natalie Portman / Keira Knightly thing going on so she's got to be a descendent of Padme's.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom