Any thoughts on TFA for young children?

GodDontLikeIt

I think many of us first saw Star Wars at quite a young age. I was 4 in 1980 when I saw a re-run of A New Hope and then Empire.
My 4 year old nephew loves Star Wars. He's seen all 6 (including Revenge Of The Sith). Also all the new trailers. So naturally I was
looking forward to seeing TFA with him. I saw it myself and I'm now I'm wondering about it's suitability for younger kids. Some parts have a grittier quality to them than previous Star Wars films. I actually think he could handle it and that maybe the film length might be the worst part. But I find myself worrying about it a bit.

Curious to know what you guys that were planning on taking younger kids thought.

Ian_C

Jedi Master
I took all three of my kids. Ages 13, 7, and 5.

Ignore the teenager view.

My 7 year old son loved it. He's been talking all day about it, and gives it 10/10.

My 5 year old daughter wasn't scared at all - but was very bored.

Depends on the kids, really, and how sensitive they are. It's only PG here in Canada, as oppose to PG-13 in the US. Not sure how the UK has rated it.

Ian

GodDontLikeIt

Thanks. It's 12A which means under 12's must be with an adult. I think he would be fine but a seed of doubt has been planted.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom