Top 5 TFA Moments

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Wonder if everyone highlights the same bits.

01: Rey catches Luke's Saber
02: Death of Han Solo
03: Luke Skywalker
04: Falcon reveal
05: BB-8 Lighter

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
1. X-Wing's coming across the water
2. Dying Stormtrooper reaching up to Finn.
3. Falcon and Tie Fighter chase through and around crashed SD
4. Han nodding to indicate Rey was behind Finn and Finn just not getting it.
5. "Chewie, we're home" (would be higher if I hadn't seen it in the trailers)

lejackal

Grand Master
I would have to say any four from the above and the Apocalypse Now style Tie Fighter entrance!

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Nice idea!

My top 5 at this time, the more I watch it the more I like it, but these are the bits I've liked most since the first time so I can't see them changing. Not too sure of an order for them though!

- Rey's magic bread; so cool..
- Rey's scavenging scene inside the SD, IMO the most beautiful series of shots in the entire film, breathtaking scale.
- X-Wing fighter squadron heading into battle over the lake; just stunning
- Kylo Ren holding Poe's blaster bolt in mid flight at the Jakku village
- Poe and Finn's Tie being shot down, I really like the implied fragility/danger and non-superhero approach

tundra9

Sith Lord
In no particular order:
1- Kylo kills Han
2- both scenes where Kylo loses it and smashes his lightsaber around( the guy is batshit crazy, loved it)
3- Finn getting his ass kicked by the stormie
4- Falcon chase
5- Luke welling up

Jez

Sith Lord
So difficult to come up with a list.
1, The lightsaber flying into Rey's hand, coupled with the look of shock/surprise on her face.
2, I love the force freeze concept. KR stopping a loser blast in mid flight, awesome!!
3, BB8. When BB8 realises that Poe is alive and speed towards him like a hopelessly in love loyal puppy. It's gorgeous.
4, Rey kicking Desert Junk Yard Thug butt, coupled with Finns reaction.
5, Low Level X Wings.
I can't just have 5 mate!!
Apocalypse Now Tie Fighters
Rey when she hears and reacts to hearing the name Luke Skywalker
Maz. "Wheres my boyfriend? I like that Wookie"
Seeing Rey's mini homage to Han in her final scene. No longer having her pistol tucked into her belt. She now favours a low thigh holster, like Han.
The sounds whilst watching it in Dolby Atmos
The Luke reveal. It left you hanging like in ESB.
I loved the reggae music in Maz's waterhole.
The opening scrawl "Luke Skywalker has vanished!"
Finn "This is what people in the resistance look like"
KR going apeshit whenever it doesn't go his way.

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
In no particular order:-

- The Falcon coming out of hyperspace as it approaches the planet Takodana. One of those brilliant fluid space shots.
- The sabre going to Rey and not Ren. Is it me or have they got the sabre hum exactly the same as Empire too? Sweet. 8)
- Rey scavenging the Star Destroyer - some amazing shots. I can't wait to see this whole sequence in Imax. :D
- Kylo Ren freezing the blaster shot in mid-air. What a great scene and so cool that it continues when he walks away.
- X-Wings across the water. They could have just had them coming from space but having them come across the lake was a superb idea. I never tire of seeing it. :D

I've also got to mention the intro and opening crawl. Disney didn't dick about with it too much and kept it as it should be, minus the Fox fanfare obviously.

Joe

Grand Master
Ahh this is tough, especially as I've only seen it once so far! Probably best to do my top 5 after I see it again (and again and again!) but here are some bits I really liked:

- Kylo Ren stopping Poe's blaster shot and keeping it suspended in the air until he walked back to his ship!

- Finn and Rey piloting the Falcon. I thought this was a great scene and I loved how they almost wrecked it several times before they got to grips with it! Loved seeing the old targeting display again too:
falcon2.jpg

- Han's Death. For as much as I didn't want to say goodbye to any of the old characters, it was an amazingly emotional scene that was done really well. Sure, he could have gone down in the falcon or some other more heroic way but to die at the hands of his son, virtually unarmed..it was powerful and far more powerful than him just being shot down by some random TIE pilot or trooper. Either way you interpret Solo's actions (whether or not you think he sacrificed himself and knew what was coming or he genuinely thought he could convince his son to go with him) it works! (although the look on his face says it all, it's the ultimate betrayal of trust and such a horribly evil act but one that was incredibly fitting for an upcoming sith apprentice).

- X-Wing v TIE scenes (all of them) - I thought all the dog fight scenes were great, fantastic sound effects and I didn't feel like we got too many scenes of the rebel pilots copping it (unlike ANH, ROTJ and to some extent ESB too where it just seems like everyone is dying one after the other).

- Rey v Ren final lightsaber duel. I kinda knew it was coming (had unfortunately seen this: http://www.businessinsider.com.au/rey-star-wars-action-figure-photo-dmca-copyright-takedown-lucasfilm-disney-2015-12 before seeing the movie which obviously hinted at her becoming a Jedi) but nevertheless it was a good fight, full of emotion and far more intense than the choreographed bullshit in the prequels. Far more "real" and very believable.

It's hard to pick a top 5 anything in TFA when the movie is as good as it is though. Could probably do top 5 funny moments, top 5 sad moments, top 5 action moments etc etc :D

Richard_H

Grand Master
1. Opening crawl and logo
2. Most of Rey's acting but will pick the scene when she puts the helmet on
3. Kylo losing it and smashing the panel
4. Hux's speech
5. Solo's death

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I loved a lot of the parts already mentioned but I also loved the bit on the Falcon with the floaty map when Han tells Finn and Rey that it's all true, about the Jedi and Luke etc. That whole scene really got to me. Also enjoyed a lot of the bits when Kylo fired up his lightsabre. The combination of the sound and look of it and Kylo's appearance and strange walk were great. Creepy ****er! There are a lot of great bits.. I need to see it again!

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Thought this was going to be easy but changed my mind about 10 tines this afternoon, so in no particular order:

Unmasking of Ren, thought he might be some disfigured thing like Vader but it's actually creepier that he's not
TIE fighters/Apocalypse Now scene
Death of Han/Chewies rage
Reys home in the ATAT, c'mon who wouldn't love to live in an ATAT?
Luke meets Rey

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Watched it again today and loving it a lot more, although I did vote yes to liking it origionaly I still had reservations. Just a lot to take in and the lack of originality wasn't really annoying the second time around, here my top 5 moments.

1) Rey catching the saber, without a doubt for me.
2) Hans Death.
3) Rey and Luke meeting at the end.
4) Kilo Ren failing to extract information from Rey.
5) Rey touching the Luke's saber for the first time.

Lee Bullock

Jedi Knight
1) Rey catching the saber to the reprise of the OT music - tears I tell you!!
2) Ending - Luke reveal - yeah more tears!! What a fanny! :p
3) Falcon reveal
4) Poe/Finn escape
5) BB8 - just all of BB8!!

Honorable mentions...
Ren observing the Starkiller firing! nearly made the top five!
Rey puts on the X wing pilot helmet - awesome visual storytelling!
"one quarter portion..."
freezing a plasma bolt in mid air!
Demise of Han and the star goes out!
"Big deal!"
"Wheres my boyfriend? I like that wookie!"
Ren/Vader

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
none in order, just 5 things that made me lol or made me think

1. Han Solo and the exchange with the gangs. The whole Kanja club and the way he called them 'freaks'.. it was almost camp but I was in fits. This reminded me of those Han Solo stories in the old marvel comics. Han and Chewie would come across all sorts of gangs hunting the same stuff and the Rathtars reminded me of the crazy alien monsters they would have to fight off. Where was jaxxon and Amaiza Foxtrain??????
2. Chewie. In Empire when he's fixing 3P0 on bespin and Lando comes in and invites them all for food, Chewie just drops everything on the word food (or eat.. I cant recall). He had similar moments. He's crying about his arm and laying in that alcove feeling miserable, and as soon as the Dejarik table comes on he's looking interested. Comic genius. Little moments like that round off characters and add a little depth to the film in relation to what's gone before.
3. The strange red eyed cantina alien we see when BB8 is motoring over a sand dune. That creature I'm sure was OT cantina.. completely random monster.
4. Rey and the crone. When Rey is looking at the wizened old crone cleaning the scavenged part.. what is she looking at? Is she looking at her envitable life as a scavenger will end up as.. cleaning the same thing for the next 60 years? A poignant moment. What if the family doesnt come back, is the crone waiting for someone. A sad moment.
5. The falcon reveal. We knew the falcon was in it, we knew around Jakku.. but that was a moment of pure joy. YES.. the falcon. And everyone's still calling it a hunk of junk. Han had lost it somewhere along the line, such as Lando did. And it was flying again. Just an awesome introduction, much like all the characters were woken up, Han to his doom trying to be a dad, Leia having those feelings again, Luke being found with his lightsaber, etc.. the falcon was off flying again. Just excellent.

winnebago88

Padawan
1. Rey catches luke's lightsaber

2. Resistance showing up and Poe having a killer of a run shooting down about 6 tie fighters and Finn's "that's one hell of a pilot" line.

3. Hans death including chewie's rage.

4. Kylo's shockingly bad temper including Stormtroopers turning round.

5. Poe and Finn's escape in the Tie Fighter.

stormcab

Sith Lord
I'm really quite upset that everyone, including critics, seem to love it, whereas I'm still in the disappointment camp. The only people who I can find that seem to see from my viewpoint are IMDB reviewers lol.

Anyway, there were moments I liked. Funny everyone, including my sister, loved the lightsaber flying to Rey moment. She isn't even really a fan either. For me it was the moment I thought Luke was finally going to appear and save the day. Now THAT would have had me blubbering. Rey? still don't like the fact we have to wait until the next movie to find out why she has the force.

1 - the falcon seeming like it had stalled, but in fact it was Rey angling for a direct shot on the TIE. Boom, totally caught me off guard.
2 - flickering light on the stormtroopers as they are transported to the planet at the opening
3 - X-Wings over the water
4 - (very brief) the inside of the TIE Fighter and the TIE pilot as it fires a shot at the Falcon inside the Star Destroyer
5 - any time BB-8 is on screen

Attachments

• 27A4503200000578-3042308-image-a-57_1429214002248.jpg
    27A4503200000578-3042308-image-a-57_1429214002248.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 601

BruceW

Padawan
1) Han's Death--After having been stabbed, when Han touches Ben/Kylo's face, showing he still has affection for his son, I weep like a child. Its amazing.

2) General Leia's entrance--- Well, for obvious reasons. When Leia's theme from ANH begins to play and segues into the Han and Leia theme from ESB, it's just wonderful.

3) Rey pulling the saber into her hand.

4) Kylo's interrogation of Rey-Oh man, the acting in this scene is amazing. Imagine how ridiculous this could have been in lesser hands, but the two actors sell a psychological Force battle with the looks on their faces.

5) Poe to Kylo--"So how does this work? You talk first? I talk first?" This one exchange tells us loads about his new character.

I love this movie.

Dantooine

Padawan
Lots to choose from, but off the top of my head in no particular order.

1. The Falcon reveal
2. Rey flying the falcon so that Finn can fire the jammed gun and hit the tie fighter - that whole sequence is great.
3. BB8's thumbs up.
4. Han and Chewy coming out of hyperspace within the planet's atmosphere
5. Chewy's reaction to Han's death - any moment with Chewy, complaining that he's cold, getting told how brave he was.

I also really liked how the First Order officers were **** scared of Ren, really reminded me of Empire.

S117

Youngling
1. TRAITOR
2. TRAITOR
3. TRAITOR
4. TRAITOR
5. TRAITOR

Just kidding. It's amazing how quickly silly things like this are becoming memes.

1. Rey v Ren
2. Rey's vision
3. Falcon reveal
4. BB8 Lighter scene
5. Luke turning around

DARTH VADER

Jedi Knight
Have just got back from seeing the movie again (several times now, go again Wednesday)...

Not an easy one as I could probably list a top 500! But...will give it a go...

1) Han Solo scene with Kylo Ren - emotional...superbly staged and shot...a fitting end to one of cinema's finest characters
2) Lightsabre flying to Rey's hand - brilliant, simply brilliant moment
3) Any scene inside the Falcon - just great to see real sets and of course, the MF
4) Snow...dark...forest...sabre duel...what more can you ask for..?
5) Vader mask...say no more...

Carl

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom