Lukes Sabre

yoda

Sith Lord
What I mean is where did it come from :?: the last time I saw it along with luke he was minus a few fingers :shock: I thought it was gone forever.

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
It's something we all wondered as a kid - what happened to the blue sabre after it went southwards on Bespin? Surely it would have been sucked into a vent shaft too? It looks like we'll get an explanation maybe in one of the spin off movies if not ep8 itself.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I always thought it fell out of the vent with luke. When he lands on the weather vane you can see something falling away but perhaps that a was just his hand.

grinchy

Sith Lord
Yeah they just glazed over that part of the story didn't they, i really wanted to know how the sabre turned up, as its an interesting plotline.
When luke is on the vane i assumed it was something in his belt or pocket that fell away, could be wrong though

Robstyley

Sith Lord
It think it is supposed to be Lukes' original lightsaber from Star Wars and Empire. How the **** it ended up in that chest I don't know!? There's no way that saber fell out the same hole Luke did underneath Bespin. His hand (and saber) was cut off a good few minutes before he fell. He crawled out onto that bit, then had a little chat with Vader, then jumped off. How could the saber have got sucked into exactly the same hole/vent as Luke did, it's impossible. Also you see where Luke stops when he's sliding down the tube and there's no saber sitting there.

yoda

Sith Lord
That's a good point I am going to have to watch that again to try and see what that is falling.

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
tundra9 said:
Maz got it from the ughnaughts

She had a thing for Ugnaughts before Wookies. After the Chief Ugnaught dumped her she nicked it from his Bespin apartment as a f### you... :wink:

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
stratpack said:
tundra9 said:

She had a thing for Ugnaughts before Wookies. After the Chief Ugnaught dumped her she nicked it from his Bespin apartment as a f### you... :wink:

Apparently she used it on all his smocks before she left and cut of all the arms :lol:

sith-smith

Grand Master
Clarkspie&chips said:
I always thought it fell out of the vent with luke. When he lands on the weather vane you can see something falling away but perhaps that a was just his hand.

I always thought that was just general rubbish falling out. Technically the hand and saber fell down a long time before Luke did.

If that is meant to be the same one...which would make sense as to why Kylo Ren wanted it as part of his Vader Fetish...will be interesting to learn how they got it. Bespin kust floats about a gas planet...so there's no hard surface on which it could land?

Ugnaughts I reckon!! 8)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
As said Lukes hand and sabre fall well before luke.

So the thing you see falling maybe just trash

According to EU...

His hand, still holding the light saber, gets caught in a separate air duct. It's eventually found by a maintenance droid, and recovered by an Ugnaught supervisor. He's about to melt it down when Vader shows up and demands them. Groggin (the Ugnaught) demands payment, gets force-choked, and Vader takes the hand.

Possible that this is a way they explain it

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
jedisearcher said:
stratpack said:
tundra9 said:

Apparently she used it on all his smocks before she left and cut of all the arms :lol:

:lol: Psycho pig-boiler!

_Lee_

Sith Lord
I can say that it IS definately meant to be the ESB saber. Ren tells Rey it should be his because it once belonged to his grandfather and as Luke had gone it should be his, The actual saber used was one of a handful of genuine Graflex camera flashes that the props dept from TFA bought from a guy at the RPF. Everything about it is accurate to the ESB saber, and thats probably the reason i was told to not mention that here again after the trailer with it appeared as it would have been a huge spoiler for many. Someone said to me 'how' is it the ESB saber, but it is-trust me. Not the actual physical ESB but it is Lukes saber.

I beleive the story will be told in episode 8 because there is no chance they will leave such a huge plot hole unattended. I beleive the way that Luke looked when Rey had it in her hands was one of releif as the new saviour had arrived. Luke beleives he failed with Kylos turn, and as the saber spoke to Rey it is up to her to destroy the First Order / Dark Side as Luke did 30 years beforehand.

Lee

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom