Header image

Deleted Scenes

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
Cazza
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Deleted Scenes

Postby Cazza » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:54 am

Some really interesting info on some of the cuts JJ made. Would love to see an extended edit, but can't see that happening. Think the Leia/Republic scene would really have helped explain the situation more. Would've also liked to have seen Zuvio.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-the- ... ed-scenes/
Collecting SW since 1980.
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

tundra9
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Deleted Scenes

Postby tundra9 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:00 am

Interesting read, would love to see the snowspeeder chase, Leia sending her emissary, and chewie ripping off plutts arm

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:43 am

Would love to see a LOTR style special extended edition but like you say, probably won't happen

Leemcl
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Leemcl » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:37 am

Looking back at the moment when Rey touches the old saber it would have been better if the Bespin flash back was as planned with Luke / Vader being there as opposed to a corridor which most people would miss, maybe it would be too distracting from the new film if the flash back was so "in your face"

I now know why Luke Bespin and Vader were in the figure line, but I wonder how the merchandisers took to that cut being made !

Disney would clean up with an extended Blu Ray release next Christmas !

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Palifan » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:27 am

I now know why Luke Bespin and Vader were in the figure line, but I wonder how the merchandisers took to that cut being made !

Is this why they also released Boba Fett as there is a character that looks a bit like him in that flash back sequence also (standing behind Kylo in the rain)?

Ian

KY10REY
New User
New User

Postby KY10REY » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:19 pm

Have seen the film numerous times (see my replies) I have been able to work out some of the cuts made and what is likely to appear as Deleted Scenes on DVD / Blu Ray

Daisy Ridley has already hinted at one from the UK Premier Press Release (avaiable to view on YouTube) that she is hoping appears, and given the weight she now has is likely to appear

Whilst I agree an Extended Version is not likely between now and Episode IX, I would expect this thereafter

As an aside, there are comments that flashbacks have never happened before, but they have with Anakin
There is at least one in Episode II and a very brief one in Episode III, followed by a longer one

Return to “Star Wars Films”