Kylo Ren...Character development

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Having had a think about it, I can't help but feel that Ren by the end of the New Trilogy will turn out to be a Force for good.. :?:

Going to see the film again tomorrow, so hopefully will pick up on a few more details I missed.

The fact that he says that he will 'finish' Vaders work. ...which ultimately was turning away from the Dark side and killing The Emperor!

I believe that the ashes he puts his mask in are the embers from Vaders funeral pire on Endor?

When he kills Han, he asks 'will you help me' possibly believing he can become a closer ally to the Supreme leader by turning more to the Dark side.

Probably totally wrong :lol: Just thinking

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I like your thinking, but I think the fact that he has killed his own Dad is a big turning point for Kilo Ren, from now on he can kill anyone and it's nothing on killing Han Solo, unless he kills Leia as well. :shock: I read somewhere on another forum which I won't name that Kilo Ren killing Han had no meaning to the story and Lucas would never have done that. Vader killing Padme? Point of no return, yes he saved Luke but it was to late for him by then.

DARTH VADER

Jedi Knight
It is certainly one of the more interesting issues heading into the next movie. I personally am looking forward to seeing how he physically develops too. I loved the mask and voice...but that was left behind on the walkway where he killed his father...in Starkiller Base...which then blew up...so we won't be seeing that again...however, he was significantly wounded - face, upper and lower arm, torso too...so I can imagine a bit of work in the First Order's medical facility ahead...resulting in some pretty neat visual options for Episode VIII...perhaps not quite "more machine than man", but something leaning toward that would be great.

Carl

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
I hope they don't make him to return to the light side at end of episode 9, we had that with Vader in ROTJ. I hope they make him become more and more evil and dark so in the end he just has to be destroyed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom