Fast Food Merchandise

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
I'm not totally sure as not frequented Burger King, McDonalds, KFC etc since the movie came out but do any of the fast food outlets have any Star Wars promotions.

Several have done so on previous movies and TV shows but apart from Subway I don't think I've seen any advertising from any of the food outlets to be advertising via Star Wars, would be surprised if they weren't especially as it seems every company going has the license for Star Wars (can't believe how random the HP advert is with Star Wars attached to it).

So those of you who have visited Pizza Hut, McDonalds, Dominoes, Burger King, KFC etc, do any of them have Star Wars related product?

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Stu, being the adonis that you are, I can believe you don't visit such junk food outlets.

I, however, am a slovenly low-life which has been known to frequent such rat holes. I can confirm that neither McD's (Snoopy is their current offering of Happy Meal toys) nor Pizza Hut (greasy pizza is their current offering) are doing any SW related gubbins this side of the Atlantic.

I guess a lot of the bigger names got a little burnt over the last films? You could hardly eat any convenience food without breaking a tooth on a plastic effigy of Jar-Jar, from what I recall.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I think its a positive move.

TFA have followed Harry Potter by doing a food promotion on fruit.

Don't think its responsible putting kids licences on McDonalds or tobacco etc.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Grant_C said:
I think its a positive move.

TFA have followed Harry Potter by doing a food promotion on fruit.

Don't think its responsible putting kids licences on McDonalds or tobacco etc.

I agree. Responsible marketing can only be a good thing. Lego will not allow McDonalds or other fast food chains to do promotions with their toy line, although they did give away lenticular cups at McDonalds for The Lego Movie, which I thought was not a decision Lego would have agreed with had they had a full say in the matter.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
So why give it to Subway? granted there are a couple of healthier subs but the majority are stacked with calories

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Stu, being the adonis that you are, I can believe you don't visit such junk food outlets.

Yes. Yes I am. But sadly I do occasionally eat at these places although not nearly as often as you might imagine, I just haven't been there in the last three or so weeks

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
I don't know the ins and out but McDonald's never ever run promotions with any any Disney film. Not sure what the business politics are that are in okay here but be assured this is business and nothing to do with healthy eating morals.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I managed to crawl to kfc on new years day and whilst the mega bucket did go some way to soothing my hangover, I didn't notice any tfa merch.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
fuzzybuzzytoys said:
I don't know the ins and out but McDonald's never ever run promotions with any any Disney film. Not sure what the business politics are that are in okay here but be assured this is business and nothing to do with healthy eating morals.

Is that true, I've never noticed that

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
McDonalds have run promos for Toy Story, haven't they? I can't recall if that was before or after the Disney buy out of Pixar, though. Ironically, unwanted fast food toys are the subject of a fairly recent Pixar short film!

That said, now I think if it I can't come up with another Disney brand that made it into McD's. That includes the notable absense of the entire Marvel universe.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
I just did a little search on that and it appears they have done Disney merchandise.

I found toys for Toy Story, The Incredibles, Mulan, Lion King, Snow White, Beauty and the Best and Disney Princesses and that's just a quick search

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
Apparently the partnership was ended between McDonald's and Disney in 2006

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4752885.stm

I'm guessing it was because it was to do with McDonald's tie in deal with Dreamworks (who obviously paid more for it)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom