College Mates Awakening

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Back in 1995 I started college.

We use to hang out in the small canteen. We were, geeks, punks, metallers, Goths, vampires, degenerates and boffins. The sportos and well-to-do's were all in the big canteen. Great times.

I was sat down when I over heard the guy behind me talking Star Wars. I obviously immediately chimed in and we talked Star Wars constantly after.

We went to the Star Wars Special Edition together on opening day. Got him tickets for AOTC premier in London, but he couldn't make it. Great times.

As all friendships drift away, we haven't had a lot of contact over the years, but still keep in touch.

He contacted me summer 2014 and said he wants to tell me something but can't yet.

He contacted me on 17 December 2015. So proud:

12434627_886425711479166_1747849098_n_zpsih4uflyp.jpg

That's him fixing the X-Wing.

5 days work- or "the best 5 days of his life" as he put it.

He also worked on the Falcon Landing gear. Meeting up in a few days to catch up and watch TFA.

So ****ing happy and proud.

Joe

Grand Master
That's great Grant, maybe he can get you an extra part in the next one!!

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Joe said:
That's great Grant, maybe he can get you an extra part in the next one!!

Sssshh.............. :p

He also sold me a boxed Palitoy Death Star for £50.00 in 1997.

This was pre-internet when these were super rare.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
That is awesome. I would have happily mucked out the Taun Taun stables if they'd had any. If he can share I'd love to know how he came to even audition for TFA.

stormcab

Sith Lord
I'm sure pretty much most of you would have loved to have been an extra on the new films, but it's not as simple as you dropping the studio am email with "I'm some random person, can I just be in the background of a scene, you don't even have to pay me". You would actually have to be signed up to an extras agency so be prepared to work as an extra on anything. I'm assuming this is not only for things like insurance, but also for security. Star Wars makers won't want some random person on set trying to nick props and blabbing to everyone on line about what they did and saw. That's why I never bothered, as you can't just apply to be in a Star Wars film only.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
A mate of mine is in Rogue 1, one of the pilots (not a main character, just a background pilot.) As above they have to take it seriously, and he hasn't/won't tell me anything at all about the script or set etc. He did however tell me that they're behind on the filming apparently as he had to re-do a load of shots (again couldn't say why.)

I'll post a pic if and when one emerges of him :)

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I was in Sydney when they were filming the prequels and went to the fox studios park there. We got chatting to one of the staff and I casually mentioned if there were any jobs going as extras. I was pretty taken back when they said yes and all I needed to do was sign up and be ready to come to the studio when they needed me. The clincher was that I had to be available for re shoots anytime in the future and since I was travelling through there's no way I could have committed to that.

It's still a hellova lot cooler to be an xwing pilot than some bullshit prequel gungan though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom