Header image

Fin vs Kylo saber fight ....why (Spoiler)

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
plantman
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Fin vs Kylo saber fight ....why (Spoiler)

Postby plantman » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:55 am

This bugged me in TFA

Why was there a lighsaber battle between these two, Kylo could have pulled the saber out of his hand, pinned him to a tree, thrown him anywhere he liked, choked him ect.

I dont get why he chose to engage in a fight and get injured by a standard man, maybe immaturity? but it was a scene i didnt like tbh, made him look weak.

Andy
"These ARE the droids your looking for...now how much for the pair?"

Grant_C
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Fin vs Kylo saber fight ....why

Postby Grant_C » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:02 pm

Poor Kylo cant find a decent lightsaber fight anywhere these days.

Just imagine if you were the only wrestler around and you were jonesing for a wrestle.

Then, finally a midget wrestler shows up.

You would probably think that eventhough you can probably piledrive him in seconds. At least you get to wrestle again.

poncho
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby poncho » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:17 pm

Grant_C wrote:Poor Kylo cant find a decent lightsaber fight anywhere these days.

Just imagine if you were the only wrestler around and you were jonesing for a wrestle.

Then, finally a midget wrestler shows up.

You would probably think that eventhough you can probably piledrive him in seconds. At least you get to wrestle again.

Love that comment! 8)

Joe
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Joe » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:08 pm

...because it's a film :D and if films followed logic they would all be 20 mins long :lol:

It's like saying why doesn't every bond villain just put a bullet between 007's head instead of tying him up, letting a minion look after him or totally underestimating his ability to escape virtually any situation..it wouldn't be very entertaining :mrgreen:
I'm famous in Poland!
If you want to get in contact, please email me: joe@trilogo.info - click the image below for my WTB

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:37 pm

Joe wrote:...because it's a film :D and if films followed logic they would all be 20 mins long :lol:

It's like saying why doesn't every bond villain just put a bullet between 007's head instead of tying him up, letting a minion look after him or totally underestimating his ability to escape virtually any situation..it wouldn't be very entertaining :mrgreen:

Haha yes good point. I know, rather than kill James right now with a gun, I'll strap him to a table with a laser slowly approaching his groin, and leave the room :)

plantman
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby plantman » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:19 pm

Joe wrote:...because it's a film :D and if films followed logic they would all be 20 mins long :lol:

Ha ha yes good analogy...still disappointing though, i just said to myself "vader wouldnt have pissed around like that" its rolling back like anakin being petulant when he was younger, guess it just annoys me :)
"These ARE the droids your looking for...now how much for the pair?"

Dorsetmark
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Fin vs Kylo saber fight ....why (Spoiler)

Postby Dorsetmark » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:50 pm

Or just blow up the escape pod even if no life signs aboard
8)

Joe
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Joe » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:56 pm

Haha, love those laser tables!

As for the Fin vs Kylo fight, don't forget that it was supposed to be a total mystery that Rey would turn out to be the force user who ultimately ended up beating Kylo (although I'm sure most people will now say that it was obvious :roll: :lol: ) so yeah, they put that fight scene in the film to confuse people a little and make Rey's "awakening" that little bit more dramatic (even though Kylo Ren could have just sent him flying off the edge of a cliff or impaled him on a tree branch!)

TBH up until a few days before I saw TFA I had no clue about Rey, I guess I just didn't think about the characters and their roles all that much. All the posters and trailers only ever showed Fin with the saber in his hand so I just never gave it much thought. Only reason I knew before I saw it was because I clicked on that leaked Hasbro Rey figure article (she was in her outfit shown at the end of the film and came packaged with a saber! doh!).
I'm famous in Poland!
If you want to get in contact, please email me: joe@trilogo.info - click the image below for my WTB

jedisearcher
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby jedisearcher » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:23 pm

Joe wrote:
As for the Fin vs Kylo fight, don't forget that it was supposed to be a total mystery that Rey would turn out to be the force user who ultimately ended up beating Kylo (although I'm sure most people will now say that it was obvious :roll: :lol: ) so yeah, they put that fight scene in the film to confuse people a little and make Rey's "awakening" that little bit more dramatic (even though Kylo Ren could have just sent him flying off the edge of a cliff or impaled him on a tree branch!)

TBH up until a few days before I saw TFA I had no clue about Rey, I guess I just didn't think about the characters and their roles all that much. All the posters and trailers only ever showed Fin with the saber in his hand so I just never gave it much thought. Only reason I knew before I saw it was because I clicked on that leaked Hasbro Rey figure article (she was in her outfit shown at the end of the film and came packaged with a saber! doh!).

I think the same. When they do the close up shot of Finn with the lightsaber ready to fight Renn it's just setting up Rey to come in and save the day. It's probably 95% for the misleading trailer to throw everyone off the scent, aNd 5% for the story. Finn has already had his chops busted in a lightsaber fight once by this stage after all.
WTB thread - most Palitoy 30b's and 3 debut 45a's: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17224

Memories from a 1980s Toy Shop: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24289

StarWarsFan
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby StarWarsFan » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:21 pm

Another reason why wasn't keen on this film.

Mr. Tie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Mr. Tie » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:42 pm

StarWarsFan wrote:Another reason why wasn't keen on this film.

And Disney went crazy about some pic's on the second wave Rey action figure with lightsaber.... Brrrr..... :?
“Would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?!”

http://i.giphy.com/jpmSERAYR23YI.gif

x-pack
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby x-pack » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:32 pm

:lol:

So true!

It's the Emperor's fault. He should have just topped Anakin at birth and none of this would have happened. Same shit with the clones, but no crazy Anakin :wink: The film would be SO boring! :lol:

Return to “Star Wars Films”