Fin vs Kylo saber fight ....why (Spoiler)

plantman

Sith Lord
This bugged me in TFA

Why was there a lighsaber battle between these two, Kylo could have pulled the saber out of his hand, pinned him to a tree, thrown him anywhere he liked, choked him ect.

I dont get why he chose to engage in a fight and get injured by a standard man, maybe immaturity? but it was a scene i didnt like tbh, made him look weak.

Andy

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Poor Kylo cant find a decent lightsaber fight anywhere these days.

Just imagine if you were the only wrestler around and you were jonesing for a wrestle.

Then, finally a midget wrestler shows up.

You would probably think that eventhough you can probably piledrive him in seconds. At least you get to wrestle again.

poncho

Grand Master
Grant_C said:
Poor Kylo cant find a decent lightsaber fight anywhere these days.

Just imagine if you were the only wrestler around and you were jonesing for a wrestle.

Then, finally a midget wrestler shows up.

You would probably think that eventhough you can probably piledrive him in seconds. At least you get to wrestle again.
Love that comment! 8)

Joe

Grand Master
...because it's a film :D and if films followed logic they would all be 20 mins long :lol:

It's like saying why doesn't every bond villain just put a bullet between 007's head instead of tying him up, letting a minion look after him or totally underestimating his ability to escape virtually any situation..it wouldn't be very entertaining :mrgreen:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Joe said:
...because it's a film :D and if films followed logic they would all be 20 mins long :lol:

It's like saying why doesn't every bond villain just put a bullet between 007's head instead of tying him up, letting a minion look after him or totally underestimating his ability to escape virtually any situation..it wouldn't be very entertaining :mrgreen:

Haha yes good point. I know, rather than kill James right now with a gun, I'll strap him to a table with a laser slowly approaching his groin, and leave the room :)

plantman

Sith Lord
Joe said:

Ha ha yes good analogy...still disappointing though, i just said to myself "vader wouldnt have pissed around like that" its rolling back like anakin being petulant when he was younger, guess it just annoys me :)

Joe

Grand Master
Haha, love those laser tables!

54d40437ac6de_-_bond-expect-to-die3.gif

As for the Fin vs Kylo fight, don't forget that it was supposed to be a total mystery that Rey would turn out to be the force user who ultimately ended up beating Kylo (although I'm sure most people will now say that it was obvious :roll: :lol: ) so yeah, they put that fight scene in the film to confuse people a little and make Rey's "awakening" that little bit more dramatic (even though Kylo Ren could have just sent him flying off the edge of a cliff or impaled him on a tree branch!)

TBH up until a few days before I saw TFA I had no clue about Rey, I guess I just didn't think about the characters and their roles all that much. All the posters and trailers only ever showed Fin with the saber in his hand so I just never gave it much thought. Only reason I knew before I saw it was because I clicked on that leaked Hasbro Rey figure article (she was in her outfit shown at the end of the film and came packaged with a saber! doh!).

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Joe said:
As for the Fin vs Kylo fight, don't forget that it was supposed to be a total mystery that Rey would turn out to be the force user who ultimately ended up beating Kylo (although I'm sure most people will now say that it was obvious :roll: :lol: ) so yeah, they put that fight scene in the film to confuse people a little and make Rey's "awakening" that little bit more dramatic (even though Kylo Ren could have just sent him flying off the edge of a cliff or impaled him on a tree branch!)

TBH up until a few days before I saw TFA I had no clue about Rey, I guess I just didn't think about the characters and their roles all that much. All the posters and trailers only ever showed Fin with the saber in his hand so I just never gave it much thought. Only reason I knew before I saw it was because I clicked on that leaked Hasbro Rey figure article (she was in her outfit shown at the end of the film and came packaged with a saber! doh!).

I think the same. When they do the close up shot of Finn with the lightsaber ready to fight Renn it's just setting up Rey to come in and save the day. It's probably 95% for the misleading trailer to throw everyone off the scent, aNd 5% for the story. Finn has already had his chops busted in a lightsaber fight once by this stage after all.

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
StarWarsFan said:
Another reason why wasn't keen on this film.
And Disney went crazy about some pic's on the second wave Rey action figure with lightsaber.... Brrrr..... :?

x-pack

Grand Master
Joe said:

:lol:

So true!

It's the Emperor's fault. He should have just topped Anakin at birth and none of this would have happened. Same **** with the clones, but no crazy Anakin :wink: The film would be SO boring! :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom