TFA last viewing (for now)

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
Was at a loose end so just went to watch TFA in 3D for possibly the last time before it is pulled from my local Empire cinema.

****, TFA is a great film. That's all :)

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
I saw it for the 4th time yesterday as well. We went as a family while the car was being serviced. That's the 3rd time my boys have seen it and my wife's second. Probably wont see it again now. Absolutely love it- such a great film 8)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm looking forward to the B-R release, watching a new Star Wars film at home.

Only 10 months and we will all be banging on about Rogue 1. :p

KY10REY

Youngling
I have now passed 50 viewings and seen all but the 2D IMAX 70mm version
However, this does include some viewings just to see specific scenes, as the cinema was showing overlapping screenings so it was possible to run out of the end of one and into the next where Rey has just appeared / "Quarter Portion" scene
Equally, I managed three versions in one day (2D, 3D and 3D SuperScreen) and most days were 3D in the morning followed by the 2D version in the evening

From the second viewing to about the 20th I was an emotional wreck!

Sadly the UK cutoff time of 20 February is approaching and screen timings are becoming more restrictive
My local cinema has now ended all 3D screenings and 2D screenings after 19:00 so only one visit per day is now possible

On the plus side I have replaced my DVD Home Cinema system with a Blu Ray Home Cinema System and the 2D Blu Ray is due 05 April 2016

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
KY10REY said:
However, this does include some viewings just to see specific scenes, as the cinema was showing overlapping screenings so it was possible to run out of the end of one and into the next where Rey has just appeared / "Quarter Portion" scene
Equally, I managed three versions in one day (2D, 3D and 3D SuperScreen) and most days were 3D in the morning followed by the 2D version in the evening

Sadly the UK cutoff time of 20 February is approaching and screen timings are becoming more restrictive
My local cinema has now ended all 3D screenings and 2D screenings after 19:00 so only one visit per day is now possible

On the plus side I have replaced my DVD Home Cinema system with a Blu Ray Home Cinema System and the 2D Blu Ray is due 05 April 2016

:shock:

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Going to bring the little one on Saturday so she can get a chance to see it in the Cinema before its pulled.
Looking forward to seeing it again. :D

Ky10rey....50 times...... :shock:

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
KY10REY said:

It wasn't that good after all.... :shock: :? :roll:

kingshearer

Jedi Master
sith-smith said:
I've managed twice and really have not had any desire to go back
Once was enough for me.
Perhaps if you have kids, like most of the fans of the new film on here appear to have, it's more of an enjoyable experience but I didn't get it makes me love the original trilogy even more.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
KY10REY said:

Wow! I've probably seen the original Star Wars more than I've seen any other film but even that I doubt it's added up to 50 viewings. You must have spent over £500 on cinema tickets in the last two months! Have you kept all the ticket stubs as you ought to get in touch with Guinness, im serious you might have a world record, and they love those kind of quirky records.You've set the bar REAL high there...

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
50 viewings?? :shock:

My brother has seen it 12 times although he has one of those Cineworld unlimited direct debits so he can see as many films as often as he wants. I suppose it saves sitting in watching crap TV.

I've seen it 5 times with mates etc in various formats (Imax, 3D, 2D), for us it was all about the social aspect as well as seeing the film again.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Fifty times? Not sure what to say! That's incredible.

I've just seen it for the 4th and last time and this time I went for the IMAX experience. Got to say it was well worth the supercharged £18.50 ticket price although for that money I wouldn't mind a seat I could actually move in! Seriously, I may be a big fella but that took me back to seeing films in the 80s the tiny amount of room you get. I guess it made it all the more authentic :)

Will wait for the bluray now.

yoda

Sith Lord
KY10REY said:

That's ****ing hardcore that **** :?
I had to read you post 3 times.

Jez

Sith Lord
I watched it for the 9th time with Grant and my Son last Sunday at Pinewood Studios.
I bloody love this film. I noticed something new on every viewing.
Whilst I only watched it in 3D once I would like it if they released the Blue Ray in 3D as well but judging by the comments above its just 2D.
The movie is first class.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
ive got the day off Tuesday as the wife has training. Do i treat Sonny to a second viewing or wait until the DVD now?

Lee Bullock

Jedi Knight
Screenings are done - I saw it a total of......................................

12 times!!

Now where is my sadfucker medal??? :lol: :lol: :p

x-pack

Grand Master
Now's the time. When it's gone from cinemas it's gone. Really looking forward to the DVD release :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom