I'm worried about Rogue One :(

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
- Up to 40% of the film has been reshot
- Tony Gilroy has replaced Gareth Edwards as director over seeing the reshoots and whole editing process
- A new music composer Michael Giacchino has taken over from Alexandre Desplat to score the film

AND I can't even find a chinese knock off iPhone 6 case for Rogue One on eBay

I'm worried about Rogue One :(

Richard_H

Grand Master
You're old and grumpy.

How much of the original trilogy was re-shot and then re-edited?
We don't know much about reasons. Could be scheduling conflict. Gareth was brought on to do the job Disney wanted. Look at Arndt and TFA
Giacchino is a fantastic composer and would have been my preference before Desplat.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Disney execs are talking down what the likely takings are going to be as well. No one expected it to get anywhere near TFA but I can't see why they'd be talking it down unless they're expecting things to go badly.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
The way I see it these standalone films are all a bonus. They aren't part of the new trilogy, and some may be good and some may be bad, but take them as they come.

Last week Disney actually confirmed there will be a third standalone film in 2020, although they haven't announced what. Personally I'm hoping for 'Kenobi'. I want to see Ewan McGregor starring in a high budget space 'western' on Tatooine - he'll be the perfect age to play the character in between the event of the ROTS and SW.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
fuzzybuzzytoys said:
- Up to 40% of the film has been reshot
AND I can't even find a chinese knock off iPhone 6 case for Rouge One on eBay
Try searching for Rogue One instead mate, there's plenty of those :wink:

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
The way I see it these standalone films are all a bonus. They aren't part of the new trilogy, and some may be good and some may be bad, but take them as they come.

Last week Disney actually confirmed there will be a third standalone film in 2020, although they haven't announced what. Personally I'm hoping for 'Kenobi'. I want to see Ewan McGregor starring in a high budget space 'western' on Tatooine - he'll be the perfect age to play the character in between the event of the ROTS and SW.

Personally I think they're going to need a whole big dose of originality very soon. TFA got a pass from most people simply because it was such a long time since we'd had any SW even though it was ANH rehashed, Rogue One is a story which isn't new (in that we know the beginning and the end), Han Solo isn't a new concept, etc etc. You can already feel that some of Ep8 will be like ESB (training for Rey and Ren, a love story, probably some kind of family reveal, throw in some First Order hunt for Luke etc.), and then God help us, an Ep9 redemption story, or at the least some kind of Snoke reveal/confrontation. Wouldn't it be nice to go to the cinema and get something new?

I don't know whether they're scared to do something really original but sooner or later people are going to start demanding it by not putting their bums on the seats. It's not people like us they need to satisfy to make proper money, it's the much more casual cinema-goers who couldn't give a crap about origin stories for characters who are either so familiar to everyone, or they just don't care about.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
fuzzybuzzytoys said:
SAVORY100 said:
peekaygee73 said:
Try searching for Rogue One instead mate, there's plenty of those :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Corrected. Still can't find **** all
Sorry, couldn't resist :) 'Plenty' was a bit of an exaggeration too.

This describes itself as Rogue One but seems to be generic.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rogue-One-Star-Wars-Rebel-Alliance-Icon-iPhone-Phone-Case-Cover-4-5-6-6-/172342352196?var=&hash=item2820679944:m:m5YKE_fB9oJXDuUDjHlNRuw

And I can't make out what this is:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rogue-One-Story-Star-Wars-Dictionary-Logo-iPhone-SE-5-6-6s-Plus-Cases-CT3-/122047738659?var=&hash=item1c6a9cb323:m:mQZxqol7i0NiKXI9YSpa2EA

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
Yeah I really wanted the poster with the big death star hanging over the beach. Like that.

My point is, wheres the hype? Wheres the excitement? But, more worryingly, what kind of kit bashed film are we going to end up with?

Saying that, I ordered a Harley Quinn phone case instead. And is there ever a more kit basjed film than Suicide Squad?

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
fuzzybuzzytoys said:
Yeah I really wanted the poster with the big death star hanging over the beach. Like that.

My point is, wheres the hype? Wheres the excitement? But, more worryingly, what kind of kit bashed film are we going to end up with?

Saying that, I ordered a Harley Quinn phone case instead. And is there ever a more kit basjed film than Suicide Squad?
I'd expect it to start ramping up in the next month; I think promotion for this will start close to the release date so there's no Star Wars fatigue. (If such a thing exists!)

pmsbull

Jedi Master
SAVORY100 said:
I'm still blindly confident that this will be the best thing since The Empire Strikes Back

I very much doubt it, but any film that invloves battling against AT-At's gets my interest

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
I reckon it will make around £1billion. Its still using recognisable star wars things. AT-ATs (or AT-ACTs), X-wings, stormies, Darth, a Death Star (that won't get blown up). And there's a lot of star wars fans who will go and watch it. All the other Star Wars films have technically been aimed at kids with goofy side kicks - jarjar, Finn, BB8, R2 and 3p0, etc This is a film aimed at the fan boy, the gamer.

I don't think there's that much expectation of being an earth shattering financial zeppelin because TFA set the bar and was an easy repeat view. Very few movies will take over £2billion. I mean Avatar, Titanic and TFA... Sensible to down play the cash, because if it doesn't make more than TFA people will say its a failure - which is ridiculous expectation. So far I haven't seen a great deal that looks anything other than cool. I just hope we get that Vader going ape scene.

I'm excited for it as its Star Wars. Always will be and I'll go into the cinema to enjoy Star Warsy things. If I want a challenging social commentary, I will go and watch Nil by Mouth. It appears that a lot of people go into the cinema with many pre conceptions of films these days so they can come out stating how little they enjoy it.

What I'm looking forward to..

Felicity Jones - shes gorgeous.. so an easy watch
K-25SO (or whatever) - I reckon he's going to steal the show
The Death Star - we are going to see it survive and probably see a lot more of the inside.
Lots of war
Krennic... Ben Mendelsohn... nuff said.
Seeing a lot of star wars saga easter eggs - will we see the droids, cameos, ships, references, etc

I am not worried about it being edited, pulled apart, etc etc. Just means they are trying to make a really good film for the fans and to make a **** load of cash to justify it all so we get MORE!!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom