Thoughts on Rogue One

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
I've not really been following Rogue One much but look forward to enjoying it at the cinema. One thing I am interested in speculating is whether Princess Leia will make an appearance at the end of the film ? I'm guessing with CGI they could add in a 'young' Leia with Fisher's voice over. I think they'd have to play with Fisher's voice as well. It's not like Disney haven't done it before (Tron Legacy). Any thoughts ? (Apologies if this has already been speculated).

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
jedi_mister said:
I've not really been following Rogue One much but look forward to enjoying it at the cinema. One thing I am interested in speculating is whether Princess Leia will make an appearance at the end of the film ? I'm guessing with CGI they could add in a 'young' Leia with Fisher's voice over. I think they'd have to play with Fisher's voice as well. It's not like Disney haven't done it before (Tron Legacy). Any thoughts ? (Apologies if this has already been speculated).

It's been speculated that Rogue One finishes 10 minutes before the events of ANH start.
If true, then there is every possibilty we'll see a young Leia being handed the stolen data tapes.

I'm a bit split on this de-aging thing.
I thought they did a brilliant job de-aging Michael Douglas in Ant-Man, but Jeff Bridges in TL was IMHO very hokey.

There's also speculation that you see the back of Moff Tarkin in the new trailer.
Could a de-aged Peter Cushing be making an appearance, as well?

scott82

Jedi Knight
Yeah bridges was a bit iffy!
It would be good to see what they do end up doing, but very possible. I'm really looking forward to this one and seeing how it ties in.

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
I have to say I'm one of those rare people who didn't enjoy The Force Awakens but I am really looking forward to Rogue One!

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
jedi_mister said:
I have to say I'm one of those rare people who didn't enjoy The Force Awakens but I am really looking forward to Rogue One!

I'm not a million miles away from that, in that I liked TFA, to me it was a good fun watch, but it really, really wasn't great, certainly not as great as the post movie hype suggested... I still watched it at the cinema maybe 5 times, not just to be sure of my opinion :lol: , more that there were a handful of beautifully made scenes that deserved the big screen when being watched (inside the SD / scavenging scenes for example) and its unlikely I'd get to see them again on that scale.

Rogue One though, from what we've seen so far looks to my eye to be a more interesting piece of film making and something I feel I'm going to love an awful lot more. As ever, fingers crossed!

Palifan

Sith Lord
There's also speculation that you see the back of Moff Tarkin in the new trailer.
Could a de-aged Peter Cushing be making an appearance, as well?[/quote]

VFX have really come along far in the last 10 years but I think de-aging Peter Cushing is a bit of a stretch as he's been dead since 1994 :lol:

I'm pretty sure though that it is Tarkin in the trailer and it sounds like they're doing a fully CG version of him for the film. They're going to have to get that so right to pull it off which includes getting the voice just right as well. It might end up being to big an ask and I think they've not shown any of his face in the trailers as they're probably still working hard on it. I'm not sure if there's any footage that was cut from ANH that they could use in some way but if they do pull it off it'll be amazing to see and hear him once again.

Ian

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Palifan said:
VFX have really come along far in the last 10 years but I think de-aging Peter Cushing is a bit of a stretch as he's been dead since 1994 :lol:

:D :D :D

True, although they've managed it with Audrey Hepburn in that Cadbury's advert, which seems to be on every ****ing 5 minutes :evil:

afsupplies

Padawan
I don't think we'll see Leia as the plans were transmitted to the ship according to ANH. But saying that Felicity Jones does seem to be carrying a physical copy in the trailer. I think we'll see the Tantive IV in orbit above the planet though.

Marvel did a great job on young Robert Downey Jr. in Civil War but I think de-aging Carrie Fisher will take a lot more work. But Lucasfilm have the budget and if they are doing a CG Tarkin there's no reason not to de-age Carrie.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I'm a little confused by the de-age terminology... does that not mean to take a live actor and make them look younger? Surely the Hepburn example was pure CG (I'm happy to be told not) based on old footage? I would imagine they would have to do the same for Leia, not wanting to be mean, but she is now not only a lot older, she's a different shape, almost a different person.. as for that matter am I compared to my 17/18 year old self... :lol:

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
I guess Ralph Fiennes would be a nice stand in for CGI effect recreating Grand Moff Tarkin? :wink:
star-wars-peter-cushing-ralph-fiennes.jpg

afsupplies

Padawan
Mr. Tie said:
I guess Ralph Fiennes would be a nice stand in for CGI effect recreating Grand Moff Tarkin? :wink:
I also think Ralph Fiennes would make a great Leonard Rossiter stand in :lol:

Attachments

• leonard.jpg
    leonard.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 974

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
afsupplies said:
Mr. Tie said:
I also think Ralph Fiennes would make a great Leonard Rossiter stand in :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
If I remember correct we saw a young grand moff tarkin at the end of episode 3 ? :?

I think and hope rogue one end with the devastator hunting tantive iv :D

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
Pomse2001 said:
If I remember correct we saw a young grand moff tarkin at the end of episode 3 ? :?

wayne-pygram.jpg

Doesn't look good, does he? :D :lol: :wink:

afsupplies

Padawan
Looked even worse on film if I remember rightly. ROTS Tarkin was played by the same guy that played Scorpius on Farscape. He's only 7 years younger than Peter Cushing was in ANH now so he'd need less prosthetics but I still think a CGI Cushing would be awesome.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mr. Tie said:
Pomse2001 said:

wayne-pygram.jpg

:shock: Was that the guy who played tarkin in episode 3 :shock:

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
Pomse2001 said:
Mr. Tie said:
Pomse2001 said:

wayne-pygram.jpg

:shock: Was that the guy who played tarkin in episode 3 :shock:
Yep! I'm afraid so, very bad casting :shock:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom