New Film - I am Your Father

Leemcl

Jedi Master
Moved from main chat thread.

Due to a minor eye op I found myself home yesterday resting up and browsing shite TV when my Apple TV led me to watching a film about Star Wars called "I am your Father"

The film is the true story of Spanish film maker, Marcos Cabota's quest to give David Prowse back that final scene from ROTJ - you know the scene with Sebastian Shaw.

It's a really good informative watch, and the blocks from Lucas film aside, it really does a good job in adding appreciation to the man in the suit and his contribution and leaves you aching to see what Lucas film refused them permission to show ( perhaps understanding as to why )

A better watch than Plastic Galaxy in terms of SW films I felt

If anyone else has seen this film yet or has a wider view about Prowse and Lucas film I'd love to read your opinions

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Leemcl said:
A better watch than Plastic Galaxy in terms of SW films I felt

Seems a strong claim, so I'm checking this out.
I must say though that I have alreayd watched Plastic Galaxy at least 10, maybe even 20 times, its a go to film on any journey for me, so I do have a pretty strong affiliation to it.

indianawars

Sith Lord
I watched this today after recommendation. I have to admit, it is a great watch.
I really do feel for Prowse :( Seems like he got the raw end of the deal.

Leemcl

Jedi Master
Pleased you watched it mate. And liked it too.

I felt quite sad to hear his contribution is not appreciated by Lucas Film.

I was moved enough by the film to pay £40 for an autographed photo from his website last night. The Mrs did not get that gesture at all.....not when we have "shopping to pay for"

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
I've purchased this on Blu-ray although says its going to take three weeks to be delivered :?

Purchased purely on your recommendation, looking forward to watching it

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
SAVORY100 said:
Dr_Ball_MD said:
Is this available for download anywhere?

I got it of the Apple store
I've watched this one on a free streaming channel :wink:

Must say, pretty good documentary and I feel sad for Mr. Prowse. Just a shame that we can not see the results of the alternate Vader ending scene. Would be so much extra honor to the man.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Finally got around to watching mine yesterday.

Thank you for the recommendation, really really enjoyed it. Prowse did sound like he had been treated quite badly but I'm sure there's two sides to the story. Still think after 40 years though that it's a shame Lucasfilm haven't buried the hatchett. Prowse should eb at Celebrations, he was Darth Vader for gods sake.

If anyone is in two minds to purchase this, don't be buy it, you won't regret it.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Stuart Skinner said:
Finally got around to watching mine yesterday.

Thank you for the recommendation, really really enjoyed it. Prowse did sound like he had been treated quite badly but I'm sure there's two sides to the story. Still think after 40 years though that it's a shame Lucasfilm haven't buried the hatchett. Prowse should eb at Celebrations, he was Darth Vader for gods sake.

If anyone is in two minds to purchase this, don't be buy it, you won't regret it.

I totally agree with all the above and think this one wins out for me again Elstree 1976 although both films really are good and hopefully someone will have something else in the works for the future.

Ian

sparkysx

Sith Lord
I had no idea that Lucasfilm had screwed David Prowse over, I wonder where he would be in Hollywood now if they had given him the benefit of the doubt?

Richard_H

Grand Master
Finally watched it. It is a good documentary but I've been told by someone who has no reason to lie that there is a bit that's not mentioned in the interview which arguably justifies why GL was upset. I don't think GL cares now.

Personally, I think Prowse isn't invited to Celebration anymore due to more recent issues such as his FB bitterness towards LFL and not being able to let go of some issues.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom