Now that was a Star Wars movie......even had a little 'sniff' at the end when she turned round
I put this as my number 3 after Empire and New Hope
Things I liked:
1. Tarkin/Leia CGI was amazing.....such a leap since Tron Legacy's attempt
2. Old characters popping up (great use of old ANH footage in the cockpits)
3. Other references: Blue Milk, Moisture Vaporators, The Probot, Death Star Plans...the list goes on!
3. The Space battle...almost equal to Jedi's
4. They all died...sounds odd to say this is a positive but would have left too many loose ends and the movie was better for it
Things not liked:
1. No opening 'Star Wars' logo/music at the beginning
2. Description of each planet when you first see them (seemed very 'TV show' to me)
3. R2/3PO....scene was not needed in the hanger, would have been better to see them quickly on Tantive IV
4. Vader's 'hand gesture' when choking Krennic.....looked silly
5. Saw....character was not really needed and the scenes dragged on with him in (the whole mask thing reminded me of Blue Velvet!)
6. Watched it in IMAX 70mm and a lot of the scenes seemed 'blurry', I wasn't the only one who mentioned this in the group I went with. Anyone else have this issue?
...cannot wait to see it in 3D tomorrow