Well that didn't take long!

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
Apparently Rogue One is available on the underground circuit....only 3 days since launch!

.....I'll stick to watching at the cinema though....until the (hopefully) official 4K release in March/April.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
So they're going to do a 4K Blu-Ray? At last. My TV has been crying out for 4K content for over a year. And what a way to christen it!

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
Just saw it on an underground channel and I must say that I am not impressed about the movie.

I am not going to watch it in theater because like anything else Disney tries to bury the franchise definitely. I'll stick to the OT because they were sincere movies. Some of the prequels are pretty good, but that's it... It's all far fetch and beyond :roll:

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Mr. Tie said:
Just saw it on an underground channel and I must say that I am not impressed about the movie.

I am not going to watch it in theater because like anything else Disney tries to bury the franchise definitely. I'll stick to the OT because they were sincere movies. Some of the prequels are pretty good, but that's it... It's all far fetch and beyond :roll:

If this were a different movie, I would absolutely agree with you.

This movie was completely different than what we got before it, either last year or the PT (which I did really like). It was honestly amazing, and while I'm not averse to the "underground" copies, ones out this early in a film's release rarely give a film justice. Was it an obvious camcorder quality one you saw?

Ian

yoda

Sith Lord
Ian_C said:
Mr. Tie said:

This movie was completely different than what we got before it, either last year or the PT (which I did really like). It was honestly amazing, and while I'm not averse to the "underground" copies, ones out this early in a film's release rarely give a film justice. Was it an obvious camcorder quality one you saw?

Ian

Yeah Ian's right I wouldn't watch it on one of those copies. A film of that scale I would always try the cinema first. I think you should give it another chance on a better picture quality and sound.
I did start to feel a connection halfway through with it heading towards AHN.
Good to see you back posting lan.

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
yoda said:
Ian_C said:
Mr. Tie said:

Ian

Yeah Ian's right I wouldn't watch it on one of those copies. A film of that scale I would always try the cinema first. I think you should give it another chance on a better picture quality and sound.
Sorry guys, although your intentions and advice are meant good I had the same experience with TFA. A visit to the cinema didn't make me change my mind. Maybe it's the fact that in this case I don't like war documentary style movies, I don't know. Could be. The quality of the copy is quite good and I get the whole picture. The Tarkin and Leia CGI is weird and the story line very thin. It's good that people enjoy these kind of movies, but it's not for me. Time for me to leave this Disney rubbish behind me :cry:

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Mr. Tie said:
yoda said:
Ian_C said:

Ian

Sorry guys, although your intentions and advice are meant good I had the same experience with TFA. A visit to the cinema didn't make me change my mind. Maybe it's the fact that in this case I don't like war documentary style movies, I don't know. Could be. The quality of the copy is quite good and I get the whole picture. The Tarkin and Leia CGI is weird and the story line very thin. It's good that people enjoy these kind of movies, but it's not for me. Time for me to leave this Disney rubbish behind me :cry:

I certainly understand, since I felt the same way a year ago. Fair enough.

Thanks for the kind words yoda. :)

Ian

x-pack

Grand Master
I kind of agree with Mr Tie in that I'm not a fan of war movies. One battle after the next kind of thing. That's what this film seemed to be. I actually found it quite a depressing movie in some ways, but that could just be my perception at the time.

Although yes we do have Vader in there the usual star wars heroes vs villains wasn't the same as every other sw film. No epic show downs between hero and villain. I think there was only one light sabre. Honestly I preferred tfa, although I cannot wait to see this again.

The first half I thought was pretty dull but it definitely heated up. The ending was brilliant. I was not expecting to see vintage Leia when she turned round. Gob smacked by how good that looked.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom