Header image

Well that didn't take long!

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
robpmarsh
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Well that didn't take long!

Postby robpmarsh » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:19 pm

Apparently Rogue One is available on the underground circuit....only 3 days since launch!

.....I'll stick to watching at the cinema though....until the (hopefully) official 4K release in March/April.
Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold!

my Swfuk feedback: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=21776

My Leia Hoth focus:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30198

ScruffyLookingNH
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Well that didn't take long!

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:02 pm

So they're going to do a 4K Blu-Ray? At last. My TV has been crying out for 4K content for over a year. And what a way to christen it!

robpmarsh
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby robpmarsh » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:35 pm

Hoping Disney start supporting 4K before the release
Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold!

my Swfuk feedback: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=21776

My Leia Hoth focus:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30198

Mr. Tie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Mr. Tie » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:56 am

Just saw it on an underground channel and I must say that I am not impressed about the movie.

I am not going to watch it in theater because like anything else Disney tries to bury the franchise definitely. I'll stick to the OT because they were sincere movies. Some of the prequels are pretty good, but that's it... It's all far fetch and beyond :roll:
“Would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?!”

http://i.giphy.com/jpmSERAYR23YI.gif

Ian_C
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Ian_C » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:01 am

Mr. Tie wrote:Just saw it on an underground channel and I must say that I am not impressed about the movie.

I am not going to watch it in theater because like anything else Disney tries to bury the franchise definitely. I'll stick to the OT because they were sincere movies. Some of the prequels are pretty good, but that's it... It's all far fetch and beyond :roll:

If this were a different movie, I would absolutely agree with you.

This movie was completely different than what we got before it, either last year or the PT (which I did really like). It was honestly amazing, and while I'm not averse to the "underground" copies, ones out this early in a film's release rarely give a film justice. Was it an obvious camcorder quality one you saw?

Ian
I've paid my dues
Time after time.
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime.
And bad mistakes ‒
I've made a few.
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face
But I've come through.

Come visit us - www.tantivexi.com

yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby yoda » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:11 am

Ian_C wrote:
Mr. Tie wrote:Just saw it on an underground channel and I must say that I am not impressed about the movie.

This movie was completely different than what we got before it, either last year or the PT (which I did really like). It was honestly amazing, and while I'm not averse to the "underground" copies, ones out this early in a film's release rarely give a film justice. Was it an obvious camcorder quality one you saw?

Ian

Yeah Ian's right I wouldn't watch it on one of those copies. A film of that scale I would always try the cinema first. I think you should give it another chance on a better picture quality and sound.
I did start to feel a connection halfway through with it heading towards AHN.
Good to see you back posting lan.
"Age is no barrier, it's a limitation you put in your mind.~Jackie Joyner-Kersee
Arf arf arf... That's my other dog imitation. ~Sgt. Oddball.

Mr. Tie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Mr. Tie » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:25 pm

yoda wrote:
Ian_C wrote:

Ian

Yeah Ian's right I wouldn't watch it on one of those copies. A film of that scale I would always try the cinema first. I think you should give it another chance on a better picture quality and sound.

Sorry guys, although your intentions and advice are meant good I had the same experience with TFA. A visit to the cinema didn't make me change my mind. Maybe it's the fact that in this case I don't like war documentary style movies, I don't know. Could be. The quality of the copy is quite good and I get the whole picture. The Tarkin and Leia CGI is weird and the story line very thin. It's good that people enjoy these kind of movies, but it's not for me. Time for me to leave this Disney rubbish behind me :cry:
“Would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?!”

http://i.giphy.com/jpmSERAYR23YI.gif

Ian_C
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Ian_C » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:26 pm

Mr. Tie wrote:
yoda wrote:
Ian_C wrote:

Ian

Sorry guys, although your intentions and advice are meant good I had the same experience with TFA. A visit to the cinema didn't make me change my mind. Maybe it's the fact that in this case I don't like war documentary style movies, I don't know. Could be. The quality of the copy is quite good and I get the whole picture. The Tarkin and Leia CGI is weird and the story line very thin. It's good that people enjoy these kind of movies, but it's not for me. Time for me to leave this Disney rubbish behind me :cry:

I certainly understand, since I felt the same way a year ago. Fair enough.

Thanks for the kind words yoda. :)

Ian
I've paid my dues
Time after time.
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime.
And bad mistakes ‒
I've made a few.
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face
But I've come through.

Come visit us - www.tantivexi.com

x-pack
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby x-pack » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:19 pm

I kind of agree with Mr Tie in that I'm not a fan of war movies. One battle after the next kind of thing. That's what this film seemed to be. I actually found it quite a depressing movie in some ways, but that could just be my perception at the time.

Although yes we do have Vader in there the usual star wars heroes vs villains wasn't the same as every other sw film. No epic show downs between hero and villain. I think there was only one light sabre. Honestly I preferred tfa, although I cannot wait to see this again.

The first half I thought was pretty dull but it definitely heated up. The ending was brilliant. I was not expecting to see vintage Leia when she turned round. Gob smacked by how good that looked.

Return to “Star Wars Films”